The 86.8 percent of people over 18 years of age has already started its vaccination scheme against Covid-19, which raises to 62.8 the percentage of the population that has at least one dose of the coronavirus vaccine in Argentina.
Official statistics further indicate that 56.4 percent of the population aged 18 or over already have both dosesIn other words, it has completed the vaccination schedule planned so far.
The data comes from Strategic Vaccination Plan launched by the national government through the Ministry of Health, within the framework of the immunization campaign against the pandemic and for which it has more than 60 million doses that the national State acquired from different laboratories.
Who completed the vaccination schedule
- 83.2 percent of those over 70 years
- 82.9 percent of people aged 60 and over
- 78.8 percent of people aged 50 and over
Who started the immunization scheme
- 93 percent of people between 55 and 59 years old
- 91.3 percent between 50 and 54 years
- 89.2 percent of those between 45 and 49
- 92.1 percent of the next group between 40 and 44 years old
They also received the first dose:
- 88.4 percent of people between 35 and 39 years old
- 84.4 percent of those between 30 and 34
- 79 percent of the age group between 25 and 29
- 75.6 percent of the 18 to 24 age group.
Which and how many vaccines arrived in the country
According to him Public Vaccination Monitor, 51,999,944 doses were distributed throughout the country and 47,303,563 were applied: 28,779,514 people received one dose and 18,524,049 two doses. In total, 60,217,440 vaccines arrived in Argentina
- Sputnik V: 17,180,320 (10,955,280 of component 1, of which 1,179,625 were produced by Richmond and 6,225,040 of component 2, of which 1,765,875 were developed by the same Argentine laboratory)
- AstraZeneca: 16,124,500 (580,000 Covishield, 1,944,000 Covax Mechanism, 400,000 donated by Spain and 811,000 by Mexico)
- Sinopharm: 22.912.000
- Modern (donated by the United States): 3,500,000
- Cansino: 400.000
- Pfizer: 100.620
Yesterday the first 100,620 doses of the laboratory vaccine began to be distributed Pfizer, who arrived in the country last Wednesday. They will be aimed at adolescents, correspond to the contract signed by the national government with the US laboratory to receive 20 million vaccines this year.