Disease diabetes very dangerous, especially if there are complications. This disease can be very deadly, anyone can experience diabetes. For that, it is important to know how to prevent the body from spikes in blood sugar so that it can develop diabetes.
Launch page International Diabetes Federation or IDF (27/12/2021) the most influential way to prevent diabetes is lifestyle behavior. Because an unhealthy lifestyle, such as eating fast food or junk food and lack of exercise can increase a person’s risk of suffering from diabetes diabetes.
IDF recommendations for healthy eating patterns for the general public:
1. Choose water, coffee or tea instead of fruit juice, soda, or other sugary drinks.
2. Eat at least three servings of vegetables every day, including green leafy vegetables.
3. Eat up to three servings of fresh fruit every day.
4. Choose nuts, fresh fruit, or unsweetened yogurt as a snack.
5. Limit alcohol intake to a maximum of two standard drinks per day.
6. Choose lean cuts of white meat, poultry or seafood over red or processed meats.
7. Choose peanut butter instead of spread chocolate or jam.
8. Choose whole wheat bread, rice, or pasta over white bread, rice, or pasta.
9. Choose unsaturated fats (olive oil, canola oil, corn oil, or sunflower oil) over saturated fats (butter, ghee, animal fats, coconut oil, or palm oil.
10. A particular threat regarding the risk of developing type 2 diabetes is the consumption of high-sugar foods, particularly sugar-sweetened beverages. In 2014, the World Health Organization (WHO) issued new recommendations to limit sugar intake.