Ronaldinho, detained in Paraguay since March 6 for using false official documents, was released on Monday. The brother of the 40-year-old Brazilian, 2002 world champion, Roberto de Assis Moreira, has also been released.
It is the end of a long ordeal for Ronaldinho. The Ballon d’Or 2005, under house arrest for five months, was released on Monday evening. The former PSG player (2001-2003) had been detained in Paraguay since March for using false official documents. The magistrate, Gustavo Amarilla, also granted the release to the brother of the ex-Brazilian player, Roberto de Assis Moreira, who also played in L1, in Montpellier.
Final – Thiago Alcantara, his best season in Europe
Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, dit Ronaldinho, “is free to travel to the country of the world that he (his) will please, but he will have to let know if he changes his permanent address“for a period of one year, said the magistrate during the hearing. The latter lasted three hours and was broadcast live on television.”From now on, the measure of deprivation of liberty is lifted. Ronaldinho is not subject to any restriction, except that of the repair of damages to the company“, added the magistrate.
Wearing a black beret, wearing a shirt of the same color and jeans, the former player told the judge “accept“the prosecution’s proposal for a”conditional stay of proceedings“since the envisaged sanction does not exceed two years. The public prosecutor asked for the payment by Ronaldinho of a fine of 76,000 euros for”damage to society“. After being detained in a police station in Asuncion, where the ex-Milanese celebrated his 40th birthday on March 21, the two brothers had been under house arrest for almost five months in a luxury hotel in the capital, against the deposit of a deposit of 1.3 million euros.
Coming in particular to promote a book, they are accused of having entered Paraguay in possession of forged passports. Some 18 people have already been arrested in connection with the case, most of them immigration officials or police. Defense sources have indicated that Ronaldinho and Roberto will travel to Brazil on a private flight as soon as possible, once the corresponding clearances have been obtained.
End of the ordeal for Ronaldinho.
Tuchel, transfer window and Neymar-Mbappé: PSG, a future in five questions