Refusing to Flee to the Island During the 411 Action, Ahok: I’d Better Die at the Home Page all

JAKARTA, – Former Governor of DKI Jakarta Basuki Tjahaja Purnama alias Ahok recounts the events on November 4, 2016 or known as the action 411 then through his Youtube account.

In the 12-minute dialogue Meaning Talks, Ahok started his story with the atmosphere he felt when the mass action took place.

Ahok did not explicitly mention that he was not afraid of the incident four years ago. But he said that he could still sleep well at home at that time.

“If I say I’m not afraid, then you say I’m arrogant. But I want to say I can sleep soundly,” Ahok said, quoted from his YouTube account, Sunday (9/6/2020).

Also read: Police: No Statement Ahok Forgiving the Defamers

He then said that the police had asked Ahok to flee to an uninhabited island. However, he refused.

According to Ahok, he felt safer at home than being taken flying to the middle of nowhere where if something happened to him, no one would know.

“He told me that he could be raided into the house, now that’s your job to guard in front, if you are afraid you just leave it. I’d rather die in the house of a family,” said Ahok.

According to him, if there were people with malicious intentions in his residence at that time, at least the news could spread faster.

Also read: Have Forgiven the Insult but Still Asked the Legal Process to Run, This Is Ahok’s Excuse

As for action 411 was the reaction of various community organizations regarding Ahok’s statement in the Thousand Islands four years ago, to be precise 4 November 2016. The statement dragged Ahok as a suspect until he was convicted in the case of religious blasphemy.

Action 411 it was peaceful at first. But then chaos ensued.

Head of Public Relations of Polda Metro Jaya Kombes Awi Setiyono at that time revealed that the masses began to come to the front of the Merdeka Palace, precisely on Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat, around 11.00 WIB.

At that time, only a few people gave speeches at that location.

“After Friday prayers, the masses began to flock to Jalan Medan Merdeka Barat,” said Awi, at the Metro Jaya Police Headquarters, Monday (7/11/2016).

Also read: Apologize to Ahok, the suspect confesses to insulting error on Instagram

Awi continued, after gathering, the masses gave speeches. At 13.50 WIB, a group of people threw bottles of mineral water at the officers.

Then, at around 14:42 WIB, said Awi, a group of people pulled the barbed wire fence.

At that time, the police did not protest and together recited Asmaul-Husna so that the mass of the November 4 demo would be calm.

“The crowd in front pulled the wire fence until it came out of the block. You first conk, then the security barrier and then the police,” said Awi.

After that, the action tends to be conducive. However, the rioting began at 18.14 WIB when the crowd tried to break through the police barricade.

Share on facebook
Share on pinterest
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.