Written in Another sports he
We all know that in the world of Novak Djokovic tennis He is the one who takes the cake. The Serbian occupies the first position in the ATP ranking. He is the winner of 24 Grand Slam tournaments, a historical mark that places him in first place in the record.
Is he tennis player who has won the most Australian Opens, 10 times to be exact. He is also a 3-time winner of Roland Garros, 7 times of Wimbledon and 4 times of the United States Open. Not to mention that he has been a seven-time world champion: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018 and 2021.
The achievements of the Serbian athlete do not cease to amaze, however, both Rafael Nadal like Roger Federer continue to be the public’s favorites and the question of who is the better tennis player of the two? appears in any conversation, even Carlos Alcaraz He has his favorite and has expressed it on different occasions.
- As he tennis player Swiss and Spanish have been a source of sporting inspiration.
- Carlos Alcaraz He has always shown his admiration for both.
- In fact, the tennis player Spaniard acknowledged that he was looking forward to playing in an official match before his retirement to Federer.
- In 2015, Roger Federer was the preference of Alcaraz
- In 2016, Rafael Nadal He became Alcaraz’s favorite: “I want to be like Rafael Nadal“Because he trains very hard, he sacrifices and he puts a lot of effort into it,” he said at 13 years old.
- Years later, Alcaraz He repeated his preference for Nadal in an interview where he says: “the first time I saw him I was 12 years old, in an edition of the Mutua Madrid Open in which he was in the semifinals and I took a photo with him.”
- Then the young tennis player stated: “The truth is that he has always been my great idol and he still is. Since I started playing tennis I pay attention to him, also to FedererI have always watched the highlight tennis matches, but Rafa “He is my great reference.”
For Carlos Alcaraz, Rafa Nadal He is his guide and an example to follow in each of his steps and since the Spaniard returned to play, he is eager to form a duo with him: “I hope he can train and play next year from the beginning and we have a Rafa healthy for Paris. It would be a dream for me, but it depends on both of us.”