Operations manager Rune Hekkelstrand informs Dagbladet that there were several perpetrators.
– But what role they played is too early to say, he says.
There must also be talk of two victims.
One of them, a man in his early 20s, has been taken to hospital with serious injuries, while the other is being questioned by the police at the scene. The latter must be unharmed.
The police inform NTB that all those involved are men in their 20s.
The two victims are acquaintances, says the operations manager.
– We are still working with a lot of police in the area, and have interviewed many witnesses. The extent of the injuries to one of the victims is unknown. He is seriously injured, but conscious.
At around 8 p.m., the police state that no one has been arrested.
– The case is initially being investigated as attempted murder, adds Hekkelstrand.
Has information about perpetrators
– What do you know about the weapon that was supposed to have been used?
– We are starting to form a picture, but it is too early to give details, he replies.
Operations leader Nicolai Bache-Henden tells Dagbladet that the police are on the scene with a lot of resources.
– What we know is that two people have been assaulted, and a stabbing weapon has been used. They ran from the scene, and we have two victims under control. We assume that there are two perpetrators, he says.
Dagbladet has spoken to people who were in the area when the incident took place. They say they heard cries for help.
Another person Dagbladet has spoken to came by shortly after the incident.
– I drove past on a scooter when I saw a man lying down. There were two to three people standing over him. I saw that he was bloody on the back of his head and that blood was running down his back.
– Did it appear that the person had been stabbed in the head?
– No, it looked like he had been stabbed in the back, but that he might have been hit, or had suffered injuries from a fall, in the back of the head, says the person.
He says that people flocked to the scene, and that several worked to put pressure on the scene of the accident.
He states that the perpetrator was not present, but that he overheard someone say that they had run from the scene.
The police in Oslo are in Greenland after reports of a violent incident at Helga Helgesen’s place.
“We are in contact with a person who has what appear to be stab/impact injuries. He is being treated by an ambulance and appears conscious,” the police write.
– It appears that a person was subjected to violence by what to him is an unknown person, says operations manager Rune Hekkelstrand to Dagbladet earlier on Wednesday.
In an update they write that they are in the area with many patrols.
– In addition, we are searching the local area at the same time as we are working with information from witnesses. No one has yet been arrested in the case.
It must be unclear which object was used to inflict the injuries on the victim.