MEXICO CITY. On October 1, the registration for vaccination against covid 19 of people from 12 to 17 years of age who have some comorbidity that puts them at a greater risk of getting worse in case of contagion, reported the Undersecretary of Health, Hugo Lopez-Gatell.
He said that this stage of vaccination will be with doses of Pfizer-BioNtech, it will include those who have, for example, type 1 diabetes, are undergoing treatment that affects their immune system or who have another chronic condition.
They are diseases that depress the immune system, either by a direct condition, by the disease itself or because the treatments used for these diseases, as is the case with various cancers, depress the immune system, decrease the ability of the system to defend against infections, those where there is organ failure, such as kidney failure, liver failure, digestive disorders, neurological diseases, some congenital or genetic chromosomal diseases that cause metabolic deficiencies, type 1 diabetes, which is relevant due to its frequency and association with this immunosuppression status and includes adolescent pregnancy ”, detailed López-Gatell.
He stressed that adolescents who have these conditions and are already treated in health centers, clinics or hospitals will be vaccinated in those same buildings, and for them, in the first half of October the required infrastructure will be prepared.
It is expected that between 750 thousand and one million 500 thousand minors will be vaccinated.
Unlike the adult program, where we go for defined dates, opening temporary vaccination centers in municipalities, here in the first week of October all technical arrangements will be made, refrigeration, cold chain, specific clinics where they go to establish vaccines for those medical units, which are mostly second and third level hospitals, where these people are routinely treated so that, right there, they are vaccinated. It is an operation more similar to medical care, “explained the official.
He reiterated that the registration to obtain the vaccine will be done at the same electronic address, mivacuna.salud.gob.mx, Since the 1st of october.
He reiterated that vaccination is a massive strategy and therefore he reproached once again that there are parents who demand that their children be vaccinated, despite not having any comorbidity.
On the other hand, after presenting the vaccination schedule for those between 18 and 29 years old in Mexico City, the head of government … said that “as you know, the news was given that boys and girls aged 12 and over, vulnerable, they will also be vaccinated; They have not yet given us the details and, in due course, we will give them to the families of the capital ”.
WHO IS THE CAMPAIGN FOR?
- On October 1, the registration for the vaccination against covid 19 of people between 12 and 17 years old who have some comorbidity that puts them at greater risk of becoming worse if they become infected will start.
- Registration is at mivacuna.salud.gob.mx.
- At this stage of vaccination it will be with doses of Pfizer-BioNtech.
- Anyone with type 1 diabetes, who is undergoing treatment that affects their immune system, or who has another chronic condition will be inoculated.
- Teen pregnancy will be included.
- Adolescents who have these conditions and who are already treated in health centers, clinics or hospitals will be vaccinated in those same buildings.
- The required infrastructure will be prepared in the first half of October.
* In the following link you will find the latest news