This weekend the Liga MX Opening Tournament begins and the first date will feature great matches. Review the details.
The ball will roll once again on Mexican soil this Friday, July 1 and will not stop until Sunday, October 30. Unlike previous years, the final will be played in October due to the start of the World Cup the Qatar.
In addition to that, it is known that promotions and relegations are not yet in force in the league so we will see the same teams as the last edition. Nevertheless, President Mikel Arriola announced that the return is getting closer.
- A regular phase of 17 days where the teams will face each other in an all against all.
- The first four places advance directly to the quarterfinals. From 5th to 12th they go to playoff round triplooking to get four places.
- The clubs that finish third, penultimate and last place must pay a penalty of 33, 47 and 80 million pesos, respectively, as a result of their performance throughout the semester.
- All the keys of the Liguilla are played round trip.
- There will be no away goal in Liguilla, so the advantage returns for the best-positioned club in the table.
Matches of the first day
- Necaxa vs Toluca – 19:00 hrs
- Mazatlan vs. Puebla – 9:00 p.m.
- Chivas vs Juárez – 17:00 hrs
- Tigers vs. Cruz Azul – 7:00 p.m.
- America vs. Atlas – 9:00 p.m.
- Pumas vs Xolos – 12:00 hrs
- San Luis vs Leon – 5:00 p.m.
- Santos vs Monterrey – 19:05 hrs
- Pachuca vs Queretaro | 9:00 p.m.