12/29/2019 4:40 PM
Despite all the efforts you can make to clean your living space, bad smells can invade it and interfere with your comfort. Rather than using chemicals stuffed with harmful substances, you can embalm your home with natural essential oils and enjoy all their benefits.
In addition to overcoming bad smells, essential oils purify the ambient air in your home while removing many types of insects and impurities. These also have countless health benefits and are significantly better than chemicals whose undesirable effects are well established.
Here is a non-exhaustive list of essential oils that you can use to transform your living space into a real haven of peace and well-being:
Eucalyptus: To facilitate breathing
Have you got a cold, runny nose? Eucalyptus essential oil is your best ally.
Cinnamon: To regain your energy
Renowned for its antiseptic and anti-fatigue properties, cinnamon essential oil will help you regain all your energy and relax.
Lavender: To fall gently into Morphée’s arms
If you suffer from a temporary transient insomnia, nothing better than spraying lavender essential oil in your bedroom to get a good, restful night’s sleep.
Roman chamomile: To be at the top of zenitude
Have you spent a long day at work and are you feeling stressed? Think of Roman chamomile essential oil, it will help you get rid of stress and bring you all the relaxation you will need.
Lemon: To clean up your living space
In addition to all its antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal properties, lemon essential oil is invigorating. Its fresh and tangy smell will perfume your interior and help you get rid of several types of small insects and impurities.
Peppermint: To combat winter ailments
To avoid getting one of these typical winter diseases, peppermint essential oil can be very effective. The latter has several properties that make it a weighty ally for all those who wish to spend the winter away from doctors and pharmacists.
How to use essential oils safely?
Whether in diffusion or spraying, it is important to respect certain safety rules in order to benefit from all the virtues of essential oils without taking risks:
– Choose high quality essential oils.
– Respect the indicated doses.
– Avoid spraying essential oils in the presence of pregnant women and children under the age of 3 years.
– To limit the risk of allergy, carry out a skin tolerance test by diluting a drop of essential oil in a little vegetable oil before applying it on your wrist. If a skin reaction appears within 24 hours of application, do not use the essential oil in question.
– If you are following a specific medical treatment, ask your doctor for advice before using essential oils.
– Although essential oils have several health benefits, they do not replace the drugs prescribed by your doctor or pharmacist.