Sunday 19 February 2023, 6:00 a.m.
“Love” is something that has been with our world from the past to the present. may be as long as with the emergence of life on earth that has it all because love brings people together There is mutual assistance until finally becoming a family and a society However, love produces many good things because when we have love for others, will cause mercy sympathy and caring for each other make us live happily together in society
In addition to love, it will cause happiness in the mind. Love also brings strength to the body as follows: When love brings happiness The body will release important hormones. The main hormone that affects love. Helps to create happiness for human beings, consisting of
Endorphin is a hormone secreted from the pituitary of the brain known as the “happiness substance”. satisfied feel relaxed and will secrete to induce positive feelings It can reduce muscle pain and injury. because it has some chemical structures similar to morphine, which is a painkiller When under stress, this hormone decreases.
Dopamine is a hormone related to satisfaction, affection and pleasure. It is secreted by the brain and nerve cells in the body. It is related to many parts of the nervous system, such as the functioning of the nervous system, brain. Movement, memory and learning If the dopamine levels in our bodies are too low, it can lead to feelings of depression and depression. which is considered a psychiatric disease Currently, drugs that treat psychiatric disorders have developed the use of dopamine in the treatment. It has also been found that in the elderly, dopamine levels are too low, which can cause Parkinson’s disease because the decreased hormones cause neuromuscular dysfunction. Causing him to shake and unable to move his legs
Serotonin is an anti-stress agent secreted by the brain and secreted from the gastrointestinal tract. Affects muscle function, mood, behavior and sleep. If hormone levels are too low, it can make us irritable. Poor sleep, lack of concentration, headaches, migraines, or can lead to depression.
How to increase and maintain happy hormone levels
1. Exercise regularly. Exercising for 20 minutes or more will stimulate the release of endorphins. Exercise also helps prevent degenerative diseases. And stimulate many types of hormones in the body such as growth hormone (Growth hormone), which is a hormone that is important to repair and strengthen the body, testosterone (Testosterone) is a hormone that makes the body awake. animated Strengthens muscles, insulin and thyroid hormones. that controls sugar levels and metabolic processes in the body
2. Eat enough food with amino acids and protein. Because Dopamine is synthesized from an amino acid called Tyrosine, which can be obtained from protein foods that we eat every day, such as meat, eggs, milk, beans, etc.
3. Meditate and calm your mind.
4. take a break from work Hang out with your family or loved ones. or do what you like
5. Forcing a smile to yourself when you encounter problems. It helps the body release hormones of happiness, serotonin (Serotonin) and endorphins.
6. Exposure to sunlight early in the morning or in the evening to allow the body to synthesize vitamin D through the skin to help indirectly stimulate the secretion of serotonin.
7. Eat about 50-100 grams of dark chocolate (300-600 calories) 1-2 times a week. Important substances in chocolate help balance the circulatory system and strengthen the cardiovascular system.
8. Eat food that is a source of tryptophan (Tryptophan), which the body cannot create by itself. It must be obtained from other foods. It can be found in milk, butter, egg yolks, meat, fish, turkey, peanuts, almonds, dried dates, bananas, cottage cheese and all other high-protein foods. The body can use it to create serotonin. or neurotransmitters that help make us happy In addition, tryptophan also works with folic acid and iron to help form red blood cells.
9. Play with pets that can interact with the raiser. Helps to increase the secretion of many hormones related to happiness, such as serotonin and oxytocin (Oxytocin), a hormone that is caused by love and bonding.
10. Expression of love, kindness, reconciliation will result in the release of many types of hormones in the body. such as endorphins, dopamine, which are released when we experience something pleasurable It makes us feel happy, fun, heart pounding and oxytocin. which is the hormone of bonding create one love
However, external environmental factors such as people and the environment We may not be able to control But can adjust the attitude of life. and feeling Let’s know how to give love to those around us first by ourselves. will make happiness happen around us and people around him eventually
Thank you information from
Phyathai Hospital https://www.phyathai.com
Samitivej Hospital https://www.samitivejhospitals.com
Thailand Institute of Scientific and Technological Research (TISTR)