July 9, 2020
LG was a company that has been famous for its reputation for neglecting its old devices. With its recent changes, LG is trying to change that opinion. LG stated that some older flagship phones will have the same update as its recent Velvet smartphone. It was claimed that the comments made by users through social networks and support channels were also effective in making the decision.
Some of the innovations that Velvet UI includes are new volume adjustment settings, notification bar color adjustment, and additional call notification settings. As for the devices that will receive the update, LG announced that there will be an update for these six flagship phones:
– LG V50 ThinQ
– LG V50S ThinQ
– LG-V40 ThinQ
– LG V35 ThinQ
– LG G8 ThinQ
– LG-G7 ThinQ
Other known information was whether LG will offer these updates to phones in markets other than South Korea. It is known that LG’s current plan is to release this update only for Korean users, there is no information on whether they will release the updates to other countries in the future. It’s worth mentioning that LG recently unveiled its new Velvet smartphone last month. The Velvet model stands out from other devices for its simple and attractive design. But the good impression was spoiled by the high price, which Koreans want to fix by releasing a version without a 5G modem.
The basic version of LG Velvet has a processor Snapdragon Integrated 765, which has an integrated 5G modem. However, since not everyone will be able to connect to the new generation of networks, LG decided to launch a 4G LTE edition. To this end, the new processor was abandoned in favor of a SoC from two years ago. Yes, LG Velvet will arrive with Snapdragon 845, which is the chipset that was present in 2018 flagships. It has similar capabilities to the mid-range Snapdragon 765 SoC, but it has a great advantage. It is noticeably cheaper to buy. In this way, LG can significantly reduce the price of this version of the smartphone.
LG VELVET specifications
- OLED Full HD + 20.5: 9 screen with 6.8-inch aspect ratio (2340 × 1080 pixels)
- Octa Core (1 x 2.4GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz CPU Kryo 475) Snapdragon 765G 7nm Plataforma móvil EUV con GPU Adreno 620
- 8 GB of RAM, 128 GB of storage, expandable memory up to 1 TB with microSD
- Android 10
- Double YES
- 48 Mpx rear camera with LED flash, 8 Mpx ultra wide angle lens, 5 Mpx depth sensor
- 16 Mpx front camera
- On-screen fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou, NFC, USB Tipo-C
- 4300 mAh (typical) battery with fast charge, 10-watt wireless charging
[+] Videos de nuestro canal de YouTube