The January transfer window may seem like a distant memory, but that doesn’t mean the rumor has closed! Speculation on the summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below and check out all the official offers here.
TOP STORY: Juve ready to swap Dybala for Man United’s Pogba
Manchester United midfielder Paul pogba has been linked with leaving the club for some time and now his former Juventus side appear poised to make it happen.
Pogba, 28, has a contract that ends in the summer of 2022, so a decision will have to be made this year with United not wanting to lose him for free.
Juventus want to re-sign Pogba and Tuttosport claims that forward Paulo Dybala is considered to be part of the agreement. The Argentina international, 27, has scored 99 goals in 246 appearances in all competitions for the Turin giants, but has struggled with an injury this season and has yet to secure a new contract.
Sources told ESPN in December that the Serie A champions are aware they are unlikely to be able to match United’s asking price of around € 80m for Pogba, after suffering a financial blow due to the COVID-19 pandemic and are exploring other options, including offering Dybala or Federico Bernardeschi in exchange.
However, if a swap deal does not materialize, Pogba could also stay at Old Trafford and his agent, Mino Raiola, has told United that the player wants £ 500,000 a week if he wants to stay at Old Trafford, according to reports. Daily Star. Raiola also laid out the demands on Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus, all of whom have shown interest in the past.
Pogba has been in good form recently, but it is still unlikely that the Red Devils are ready to make him the highest paid player in club history. The report says PSG are the only ones able to come close to that figure while also having to pay a fee to United – so Pogba may choose to wait a year and walk away from Old Trafford for free.
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– ESPN + spectator guide: Bundesliga, Serie A, MLS, FA Cup and more
10,16 BST: Real Madrid center-back Raphaël varane looks set to leave the club this summer and Chelsea are excited, reports picture.
Varane, 27, is considered one of Europe’s best defenders and Manchester United have been linked with a € 60million transfer for him.
However, the Blues could step in if they seal the Champions League qualification for next season.
09h30 BST: ICYMI – Major League Soccer has said that Inter Miami’s signing of a World Cup-winning midfielder Blaise Matuidi was not in line with his roster and budget rules and that the club could face penalties.
The co-ownership side by David Beckham signed Matuidi on a free transfer after leaving champions Juventus in August. The league announced last month that it would launch a formal review of the deal.
“The league has concluded that Inter Miami are not in compliance with the 2020 roster and budget rules,” MLS said in a statement Friday.
He said Matuidi was classified in the Targeted Allocation Player (TAM) category but his salary was above the TAM player limit, so he should have been classified as a designated player. Teams can have up to three such players.
“As a result, Inter Miami violated the designated player limit as the squad had three designated players in addition to Matuidi in 2020,” the statement added.
MLS has also confirmed that it is finalizing its investigation and will announce the result and possible sanctions soon. Miami said at the start of the investigation that it would be fully engaged in the process.
Janusz Michallik shares his thoughts on the performances of Edinson Cavani and Paul Pogba in Man United’s win over Spurs.
PAPER GOSSIP (par Danny Lewis)
– Manchester United lead the race to sign the 18-year-old Metz midfielder Pope Sarr, but face competition from all over Europe, reports the Soleil. The Senegalese starlet had been linked with Nice, but it is suggested that he already has plans to join a club bigger than that, despite his young age.
– AC Milan hope to bring in duo Atalanta Josip Ilicic and Matteo Pessina during the summer, intercourse Transfer market. It is suggested that they hope to pay between € 4m and € 8m for Slovenian international striker Ilicic, who is reportedly ready to join them. Meanwhile, it is suggested that midfielder Pessina, who once represented Milan, will cost € 25million, but the Rossoneri would get 50% of any deal involving the 23-year-old, so he would essentially get it at half the price.
– Alassane’s plea is ready to leave Borussia Monchengladbach, reports the Daily mail, and the Bundesliga side are said to be willing to let go of the striker in order to raise funds. Arsenal, Leicester City and West Ham United have reportedly shown interest in Plea in the past, while unnamed clubs from Germany, England and Italy are all said to be intending to sign the 28-year-old.
– Liverpool midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum has doubled his desire to join Barcelona, because he wants to play with Lionel Messi and Memphis Depay, according to Mirror. The Catalan giants are aiming for free transfers in the summer window, with Dutch pair Wijnaldum and Depay’s deals at Liverpool and Lyon ending this summer respectively and Barcelona aiming to bring both in.
– Adama traore may have been awesome lately, but Football insider suggest the Wolverhampton Wanderers winger’s exit is seen as a priority for the club this summer. Indeed, they estimate that the 30 million pounds they aim to withdraw from any deal would help the recruitment that Nuno Espirito Santo has planned.