WhatsApp desktop calling is only available for the WhatsApp web app.
REPUBLIKA.CO.ID, JAKARTA — WhatsApp offers encrypted voice and video calls from end to end to its users on Android, iOS and web versions. Users can connect to their contacts across cities or countries through calls Whatsapp which only requires a stable internet connection.
Reported by India Today, Wed (12/14/2022), Android and iOS users prefer WhatsApp calls to mobile calls. However, WhatsApp web users may still be a little confused about how to use WhatsApp calling feature on their PC.
Here’s how to make a WhatsApp desktop call:
The WhatsApp desktop calling feature is only available for the WhatsApp web app.
This application supports Mac OS X 10.10 and above, Windows 10 and later (64-bit version) e Windows 10 and later (32-bit version).
To make free WhatsApp voice and video calls, install the WhatsApp app from your Microsoft Store or Mac App Store. Also, to make or receive calls on WhatsApp Desktop.
You need to connect an audio output device and a microphone to your PC. Also grant WhatsApp permission to access your computer’s microphone and camera.
In particular, WhatsApp web does not support group calls. Therefore, users can only make individual voice or video calls.
How to make video calls or voice calls on WhatsApp Web
· Open the chat of the person you want to connect with.
· Then click the video call or voice call icon.
· You can also mute or unmute the microphone during a call by clicking the Mic icon, or turn the camera on or off by clicking the Camera icon.
How to switch between voice and video calls on WhatsApp web
During a voice call, you can ask your contact to switch to a video call. The receipt can accept the switch to call mode by clicking OK or Switch to divert the call or Cancel to reject.
To change call-
· Hover over the camera icon during a call.
· Click on the camera icon.
· Your current voice call will switch to a video call if your contact accepts the transfer request.