After a knife attack in Düsseldorf’s old town |
Police arrest suspect (18)!
Düsseldorf – A month after the life-threatening knife attack in Düsseldorf’s old town, the police arrested a suspect.
As the authorities announced on Friday, the alleged perpetrator is an 18-year-old from Castrop-Rauxel. An arrest warrant for attempted manslaughter had already been issued.
The crime took place in the early morning of July 10 in a bar on Bolkerstrasse, Düsseldorf’s party mile. For reasons that are still unknown, there was a dispute between groups of men around 4 a.m. Suddenly, the man now arrested is said to have stabbed the victim (25).
The perpetrator and other men fled the premises. Police officers saved the injured 25-year-old from bleeding to death at the crime scene and, thanks to witnesses, were able to arrest five young men a short time later, all of whom were released.
One of them was the 18-year-old from Syria, against whom the suspicion had increased as a result of the homicide investigation, as a Dortmund prosecutor said.
The victim underwent emergency surgery and has since been released from the hospital.