– In the first two weeks of September, almost 400 teachers became infected with the new type of coronavirus. Ladislav Dušek, director of the Institute of Health Information and Statistics (ÚZIS), told deputies at a meeting of the Committee on Health on Wednesday.
– At least 116 students became infected during introductory events for university students on Lake Mácha. Other people then became infected when they returned to their regions from the event.
– There were 2309 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the Czech Republic on Wednesday, approximately the same as on Tuesday. There are 628 patients with coronavirus in hospitals, 120 of whom are in serious condition. So far, 555 people have died from covid-19, which is about 130 more than in early September.
– From Thursday, restaurants and bars must be closed from 22:00 until 06:00. The number of spectators at outdoor sports and cultural events is also limited to 2,000, and indoor to 1,000 people in multi-sector events. Outdoor standing events can only take place with the participation of 50 people, indoor standing events are still prohibited for more than ten people. You will find the new rules here.
– Today, the Minister of Health Roman Prymula addressed the epidemiological situation in Prague with Mayor Zdeněk Hřib. The topic was other possible measures and the filling capacity of hospitals.