Covid-19: the rules for children in New York
- From December 14, 2021, children aged 5 to 11 will also have to justify at least one dose of vaccine against Covid-19. In the absence of this proof of vaccination, children aged 5 to 11 will not be allowed to enter the indoor rooms of restaurants, museums, performance halls, sports halls, zoos, etc. See the full list on New York City Hall official website. We contacted New York City Hall on December 7 at 5 p.m. to have clarification on the press release: New York City Hall confirmed that this new rule applies to ALL children, whether New Yorkers or foreigners.
- The New York City Hall also tells us that the rule will apply in hotel restaurants as well as in observatories, for example the Empire State Building.
- Children 12 years of age and over must present a vaccination certificate attesting to at least one dose of Covid-19 vaccine. to access the interior rooms of restaurants, museums, performance halls, etc.
- Note that the mayor of New York has also announced that from December 27, 2021, children 12 years of age and over should present 2 doses of vaccines for vaccines at 2 doses.
- At the federal level, the American authorities remain on their initial position, namely that children and adolescents under the age of 18 are exempt from the obligation of vaccination against Covid-19. The above rules therefore only apply to New York!
What if you are going to New York with unvaccinated children?
- Chance of the calendar, the mayor of New York announced the measure concerning 5-11 year olds when the French Prime Minister Jean Castex announced that the vaccination of 5-11 year olds will be possible by the end of the year 2021 …
- So what to do? If you still have a little time in front of you, I advise you to wait a bit to see if this measurement can be shifted or not. Nothing is certain but anger is roaring in New York following this mayor’s announcement. The director of the New York Hospitality Alliance, the association that brings together New York restaurants, has toured the New York press to speak out against this new rule and call for a delay. On NBC New YorkAndrew Rigie reminds us that “not all children aged 5-11 around the world are allowed to be vaccinated”. To see if he will be heard? Nothing is less sure.
All the information for your trip to New York
If you are going to New York soon, do not miss: