Coronavirus Colombia today: Minsalud says that Colombia is prepared to face outbreaks – Government – Politics

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on pocket
Pocket
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

This Friday, August 14, in a new broadcast of the ‘Prevention and Action’ program, President Iván Duque spoke of the measures adopted by the National Government to mitigate the spread of covid-19 in Colombia.

Part of the broadcast was dedicated to explaining what is the level of impact by covid-19 in the departments of Santander, Norte de Santander and Nariño.

(We recommend: The 6 areas enabled for the reopening of restaurants in Bogotá)

The balance was led by Fernando Ruiz, the Minister of Health, who spoke of the progress from the Unified Command Post that was established with the governor of Santander, Mauricio Aguilar, and with the mayor of Bucaramanga, Juan Carlos Cárdenas.

“We find a growth in the impact of covid-19 in Santander and an adequate action plan, which grows in diagnostic capacity, implementation of antigen tests, growth of ICU and integrates its interventions in the municipalities ”, said the minister.

(Read also: Can covid-19 be transmitted through food? Who pronounces)

Indeed, the head of the Health portfolio explained that 214 intensive care beds had been proposed for Santander in the National Government plan. He assured that 160 have already been delivered and that the remaining 54 left this Friday from Bogotá.

In the case of Norte de Santander, he added, “at the moment we have 135 overcrowded fans and 100 installed”, but clarified that, for now, there has not been “a critical situation in intensive care and we have an occupation of 85 percent”.

Thus, he stressed that cities like Bucaramanga and Cúcuta are prepared to serve its population.

Read Also:  Turkey orders coast guard to stop migrants

(You may be interested in: These are the rules of quarantine by localities in Bogotá)

Finally, the Minister of Health referred to the department of Nariño. “It is a department where we have had practically two cycles of affectation with three waves: an initial wave, which was generated by the city of Ipiales; a second wave, which was generated by the city of Tumaco, and a third in which we find the plateau phase that is the city of Pasto“.

However, faced with this triple impact, Ruiz pointed out that this department has been able to maintain its capacity. “In Nariño we have assigned 121 fans, 101 had already been installed,” he added, while explaining that in Pasto there is 19 percent availability of intensive care beds.

With these three cases exposed, Ruiz assured that “the country is prepared to face the outbreaks that have been occurring” and that “the extension of the hospital and diagnostic capacity, as well as the distribution of personal protection elements for health workers, indicate that we can serve the population.”

(We recommend: The sequelae left by the coronavirus in recovered patients)

It should be noted that, according to the most recent report from the Ministry of Health, in the last 24 hours there were 347 deaths and 10,802 more recovered in Colombia. Thus, the total number of deaths reaches 14,492 and that of people who have overcome the virus to 261,296.

In Norte de Santander there are currently 5,899 cases of contagion, while in Santander there are 8,578 and in Nariño 10,785.Check here the most recent report from the Ministry of Health.

Read Also:  Covid-19: Cuban doctors sent to reinforce Martinique, a first in France

(Also: This is the Colombian island that defeated covid-19)

ELTIEMPO.COM

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on pocket
Pocket
Share on whatsapp
WhatsApp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.