When Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov attended the G20 Summit in Bali, Indonesia, in November last year, he became a hot topic because of a picture posted to social platforms that was speculated by Western media to be using an iPhone and an Apple smart watch. However, in a recent paragraph Videos circulating on social platforms show that Lavrov switched to Huawei P60 Pro.
On December 5, an account named “youlistenedmayak” on the social media “Telegram” posted a video and wrote: “Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov replaced his iPhone with a Huawei P60 Pro.” This video also began to spread widely on Russian social media.
I still remember that in November last year, when Lavrov attended the Group of Twenty (G20) summit in Bali, Indonesia, the Western media hyped that Lavrov was “sent to the hospital due to heart problems.” When the spokesperson of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs After Zakharova released a video refuting the rumor that “Lavrov is safe and sound”, the British Daily Telegraph and other Western media also speculated that Lavrov was suspected of using an iPhone and an Apple smart watch.
However, Lavrov later told TASS and other Russian media: “It should be explained specifically to laypeople that this watch is not made by Apple, but by Huawei.”
Since Lavrov’s clarification at the time did not mention the mobile phone he was using, it is generally believed that he was indeed using an iPhone at the time.
Ukrainian journalist Anatoly Shari also posted a photo of Lavrov on social platforms at the time and advised him not to use Apple phones and watches because U.S. intelligence agencies may obtain relevant information through these devices.
Russia’s “Viewpoint” newspaper quoted a member of the Russian International Affairs Council (think tank) as saying that Lavrov can use an iPhone when handling his own affairs. “But diplomats will not discuss official business in front of an iPhone, or any mobile phone. This is absolutely not allowed.”
Since this year, the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade has banned employees from using iPhones and other Apple devices at work due to concerns about U.S. espionage. The Financial Times quoted people familiar with the matter as saying that similar bans have been implemented or will be implemented soon in other official agencies such as the Russian Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Energy, and the Ministry of Digital Development, Communications and Mass Media.
On June 1 this year, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) stated that they had discovered that the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) used unknown malware to invade Apple phones to conduct espionage activities. Russia’s Federal Security Service believes the plot shows the close relationship between Apple and the U.S. National Security Agency. The FSB also said that thousands of Apple phones have been compromised by malware, including those of users in Russia. In addition, the mobile phones of some foreign diplomats stationed in Russia have become targets of US eavesdropping. Apple denied this.
After the news of Lavrov switching to Huawei mobile phones reached China, netizens discussed it hotly. Some netizens believed that the P60 Pro still uses chips from the American company Qualcomm, and suggested that Huawei’s public relations should “do something” quickly: “Huawei should quickly give Lazro Fu Nongtai Mate60! What a great advertising opportunity!”, “Old La (Lavrov), you can’t keep up with the times. Get a mate60pro+, with earphones and watches for the whole family, so that it can match your identity. ”, “The Mate 60 Pro was too expensive, and it coincided with the depreciation of the ruble, so he settled for the next best thing and bought a P60 contract phone, and asked Putin to reimburse 50%.”
On August 29 this year, Huawei launched its new 5G mobile phone Mate 60 pro after three years of extreme chip blockade in the United States. During the visit of US Commerce Secretary Raimondo to China, CCTV News’ social platform used Mate 60 pro to introduce Raimondo. Photos from the press conference were posted on social media, giving the United States a slap in the face.
On September 14, Venezuelan President Maduro completed his week-long visit to China. On the same day, he “endorsed” Huawei’s new mobile phone at a press conference held in Beijing. Maduro said that this was a gift from a Chinese friend and that he believed it was the most secure mobile phone he had ever used. “This is a moment when a dream comes true.”
Maduro said he hopes all young friends will buy an excellent Huawei mobile phone. “I believe this is the most secure mobile phone I have ever used and will not be subject to interference or entry from any other country. At the same time, I can also further communicate with everyone through WeChat, which will provide a higher level of security.”
Maduro said that China has provided everyone with the most secure mobile phones and the most secure technology in the world. He is very happy to use it at this moment and he would like to congratulate everyone.
**Blog articles are written at your own responsibility and do not represent the position of our company**
South Korean President Yoon Seok-yue was initially confident, claiming that he could get 80 votes in the first round of voting to enter the second round. Unexpectedly, he only received 29 votes in the first round and lost to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, by a huge margin in the first round. The failure of Busan, South Korea’s bid to host the 2030 World Expo triggered a serious chain reaction in South Korea.
According to a special report by Xinmin Evening News, South Korean people generally expressed disappointment and dissatisfaction with Busan’s failure to apply for the World Expo. South Korean President Yoon Seok-yue and South Korean Foreign Minister Park Jin have recently apologized to the Korean people.
Analysts believe that the Yoon Seok-yue government had been canvassing votes for Busan’s bid for the World Expo, but in the end it had the opposite effect. What was reflected behind this was the failure of its blind pursuit of “values diplomacy.”
On November 28, Saudi Arabia successfully won the right to host the 2030 World Expo with 119 votes. However, South Korea, which was previously very ambitious, ended up with only 29 votes. The United States should not be canvassing votes for South Korea, otherwise there would not be as few as 29 votes. Yin Xinyue’s one-sided policy towards the United States resulted in a cold reception from the United States.
For this time, South Korea has been actively working hard for a long time and thought it had a chance to win.
Internally, the streets and alleys of Busan, South Korea have already been “swamped” with posters and slogans promoting the World Expo; externally, the Yin Xiyue government has made many trips to Busan for its bid for the Expo, and has conducted about 150 meetings with leaders of 96 countries and regions. Leaders of dozens of countries had direct calls.
But now that Riyadh, Saudi Arabia has defeated the candidate in the first round with four times as many votes, it is inevitable that some people in South Korea will have an unbalanced mentality.
Some Korean netizens said: “I didn’t even get 30 votes. As a Korean citizen, I really feel that my self-esteem is hurt.” “Speechless! I used the people’s tax money to travel around various countries on the pretext of applying for the World Expo, but in the end I only got a pitiful 29 votes. ” Some Korean netizens directly targeted the Yin Xiyue government.
Facing the public’s disappointment, Yin Xiyue and Park Jin successively appeared to apologize to the people. On November 29, Yoon Seok-yue said in a speech: “The voting results far exceeded the government’s expectations, which was entirely due to my shortcomings. As the general manager and the president responsible for the application for the World Cup, I deeply apologize for disappointing the citizens and people of Busan.” “On November 30, Park Jin said: “Because the Busan bid did not achieve good results this time, I feel very sorry and blame myself.”
Although the Yin Xiyue government put a lot of effort into this application, the final results fell far short of expectations. Investigating the reason, Li Jiacheng, associate professor at the School of International Economics and Politics of Liaoning University, believes that it is related to the following aspects:
On the one hand, since taking office, South Korean President Yoon Seok-yue has strived to build South Korea into a “global hub country.” However, there is a gap between such a goal and South Korea’s current comprehensive national strength and international influence. At the same time, South Korea thinks that by following the United States in foreign policy and advocating “values diplomacy”, it can win the support of Western countries, but in fact it backfires. This kind of “values diplomacy” that blindly sides with Western countries has aroused the resentment of many non-Western countries. Therefore, South Korea’s efforts in applying for the World Expo have had the opposite effect, leading to the loss of support votes, which ultimately backfired on itself.
On the other hand, the final success of Busan’s competitor Riyadh in Saudi Arabia also reflects the support of Arab countries for Saudi Arabia and the resumption of diplomatic relations between Saudi Arabia and Iran under China’s mediation, which has enhanced Saudi Arabia’s influence and strategy in the international community. status is enhanced. In addition, as an oil producer, Saudi Arabia may also gain support due to its economic ties with other countries.
In Li Jiacheng’s view, this matter may not only affect the image of the Yun Xiyue government, but may also shake the support rate of South Korea’s ruling National Power Party in the parliamentary election to be held in April next year to a certain extent.
“To be specific, Yoon Seok-yue used the name of applying for the World Expo to travel around the world, and he was called the ‘tourist president’ for this reason. But the final result was far from the original intention of his visit. It is difficult not to cause South Korean people to have doubts about Yoon Seok-yue’s diplomatic ability. Li Jiacheng said, “At the same time, the previous disastrous defeat in the Gangseo District Director by-election in Seoul was regarded by the outside world as a signal of the National Power Party’s incompetence in domestic affairs, and the failure of Busan to bid for the World Expo may become a sign of the National Power Party’s foreign affairs. This is a landmark incident of incompetence, which may cause the National Power Party to lose more points in next year’s parliamentary election.”
In a poll earlier this month, support for the Yin Xiyue government had fallen for three consecutive weeks, falling to 32%. Some media revealed that Yin Xiyue will undergo a cabinet reshuffle in the near future, and as many as 10 of the 19 senior officials will be replaced. Some analysts say that the cabinet reshuffle may help stabilize the chaotic cabinet after events such as Busan’s failure to bid for the World Expo.
Talking about the revelation of South Korea’s failure in Busan’s bid to host the World Expo, Li Jiacheng said that South Korea’s failure in bidding to host the World Expo is regrettable, but it should probably think about what this self-righteous and one-sided “values diplomacy” will ultimately bring to its own national interests. , and correct this wrong diplomatic orientation in a timely manner.
#Russian #Foreign #Minister #abandoned #iPhone #switched #Huawei #Chinese #netizens #disliked #latest #model #asked #Huawei #send #Mate #pro