KOMPAS.com – The conflict between Russia and Ukraine never ends. In fact today, has entered the 85th day. As far as time moves, that’s how far the bad effects begin to appear.
Reported Al JazeeraHere are a number of important events in the Russian attack on Ukraine on Thursday (19/5/2022) to Friday (20/5/2022).
– Russia’s defense ministry says 771 Ukrainian fighters from the Azovstal steel plant in Mariupol have surrendered in the past 24 hours, bringing the total to 1,730. The ministry also said 80 fighters were injured.
– President Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukraine was determined to regain control of the southern cities of Kherson, Melitopol, Berdiansk, Enerhodar and Mariupol, now occupied by Russian troops.
– Ukrainian fighters blew up an armored car carrying Russian troops, Ukraine’s territorial defense force said, but an adviser to Zelensky later said the attack was confined to rails near the car.
– Russia has fired more than 2,000 missiles at Ukraine since the full-scale invasion began, Zelensky said.
– Four people died in shootings by Russian troops in Severodonetsk, said the governor of the Luhansk region.
– Russian troops opened fire on the village of Zelenodolsk in the Dnepropetrovsk region, leaving many residents without electricity, the regional governor said.
– Russian authorities say they plan to destroy Azovstal after capturing it and turning Mariupol into a “resort city”, the Institute for the Study of War reports.
– Russia says it will start using a new generation of powerful lasers in Ukraine to destroy drones. Zelensky mocked Russia’s “magic weapon” and said it “clearly represents a complete failure of the mission”.