Three patients and four employees have tested positive for covid-19 at the pulmonary ward at Ahus in Lørenskog.
This is confirmed by the hospital opposite TV 2 Saturday night.
– There has been an infection. We do not know where the infection originated, but infection tracing has been taken care of, says press manager at Akershus University Hospital (Ahus), Geir Lindhjem, to VG.
– How is the condition of those who have been confirmed sick?
– We have not been notified that anyone is seriously ill, Lindhjem says.
VG has not been informed of the age of those infected.
Discovered before the weekend
The infection was discovered before the weekend and it was then notified internally at the hospital.
– The message was sent internally with us at the infection ward on the eighth of December, Lindhjem says to VG.
– Those who are to be quarantined are quarantined, he adds.
The latest figures from 12 December show that 22 patients have been admitted with Covid-19 at Ahus. 18 of them are admitted to Lørenskog and 4 to the ward in Kongsvinger.
Of these, 8 are in intensive care, while 5 receive respiratory treatment.