The Fleetwood Mac legend was scheduled to play in Oslo tonight, for the first time as a solo artist. However, the concert was canceled, as were the other shows it was supposed to have over the past week.
Updated only now
The 72-year-old’s name is engraved in the history of rock in block capitals, following his role as bandleader on Fleetwood Mac from 1975 to 1987, where hits abounded alongside a legendary rock’n’roll lifestyle.
1977’s “Rumors” was in its day the best-selling record in the world and is still so popular that it remains on the album charts. (31st place in UK and 43. i United States of America at the time of writing.)
Since then, Buckingham has been active in the band on and off, but was fired from the group in 2018 after what turned out to be one too many arguments with the band’s biggest star and Buckingham’s ex-girlfriend Stevie Nicks.
Since the early 1980s, Buckingham has also been active as a solo artist, mainly in his native USA.
A week ago he was supposed to start his first solo tour in Europe. The concert scheduled for tonight at Oslo’s Folketeateret was to be the fifth in a row.
But so far none of the concerts have taken place. And so far, neither the artist nor the management have provided information as to why Buckingham is canceling.
– They got instructions
The information on cancellations came discreetly from the offices.
The Folketeateret in Oslo sent an SMS to ticket holders on Friday, informing them of the cancellation, without giving any reasons.
A subsequent e-mail to the public states, on behalf of the Live Nation tour promoter, that it is “due to illness”.
– We have received instructions on what information should be passed on, says Martin Nielsen, chief promoter of the Norwegian office of Live Nation.
He says he cannot comment on the matter beyond that.
On the Norwegian of Live Nation First page there is no trace of the canceled concert tonight, nor of other shows in Europe.
On the other hand, there are two listed concerts in the US on November 7 and 9.
On social media, fans are now expressing great concern over the silence of Buckingham himself and the apparatus surrounding him. Some write that they did not find out about the cancellation until they arrived at the venue.
The concern is also linked to Buckingham’s health history.
In 2019 he had a heart attack and had to undergo extensive surgery that affected his vocal cords. In the fall of 2021 she was still back on stage in the United States.
After the third European concert was canceled last week, a fan account reported on Twitter that it was absurd not to hear anything from Buckingham’s device.
“They don’t have to tell us EVERYTHING, but keeping things hidden from fans given his past health problems is pretty mean. Something vaguely reassuring is all we ask for, “he said from there.
Buckingham’s European tour was supposed to take place in the early summer. It was canceled on short notice.
Corona infection was given as the cause. Both Buckingham himself and others on the tour were affected by the virus, a message posted on his said Instagram She said.
Buckingham has only played in Norway once, at Oslo Spektrum with Fleetwood Mac in 2013.
Last year around this time he released his first solo album in ten years.