The lack of “magnesium” in the body is afraid of diabetes and depression!Medical roll call: Food eaters and constipation-prone groups are high-risk groups
Tide Health／Editorial Department
According to the 2017-2020 National Nutrition and Health Status Change Survey, magnesium is a mineral that Chinese people generally do not get enough of. Most people think that the lack of magnesium will only affect sleep at most, but in fact magnesium is involved in quite a few mechanisms in the body, such as blood sugar, nervous system, bone, muscle tissue and other functions; many studies have also shown that long-term magnesium deficiency is associated with diabetes, cardiovascular disease , menstrual pain, depression, and asthma, so people should not ignore the seriousness of magnesium deficiency.
Diners who eat out and are prone to constipation, beware of insufficient magnesium!Physician Announcement9 high-risk groups for magnesium deficiency
Dr. Yan Zuohua, director of Lianxin Clinic, said that there are many reasons for the lack of magnesium. It may be due to the effect of drugs that cause magnesium to be easily lost, or it may be due to gastrointestinal symptoms that cause poor absorption in the gastrointestinal tract, but the most important factor is “intake.” insufficient”. If you want to avoid magnesium deficiency, the most important thing is to pay attention to your dietary intake, such as dark green vegetables, nuts and seeds, whole grains, and beans and other foods high in magnesium.
Dr. Yan Zuohua added that the following high-risk groups who are prone to magnesium deficiency should pay more attention to the state of mineral elements in the body to avoid insufficient “magnesium” in the body:
2. Frequent muscle aches, cramps, headaches
3. Difficult to relax and nervous
4. Constipation and irregular bowel movements
5. Depression, anxiety, insomnia and other mental illnesses
Self or family history of hypertension, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, etc.
7. Long-term use of stomach medicine, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, diuretics and other drugs
8. High-intensity exercise and frequent sweating
How do commercially available magnesium supplements differ? “This kind of “sleep aid and stress relief effect is better”
Dr. Yan Zuohua said that the reason why magnesium can help sleep is mainly because magnesium participates in the process of “serotonin” production and “melatonin” secretion, and can help the secretion of dopamine, norepinephrine, and adrenaline, so supplementation can help sleep. It reduces anxiety and helps improve sleep quality. Since the human body cannot produce magnesium by itself, many people choose to take health food in addition to dietary supplementation.
Dr. Yan Zuohua revealed that there was a 30-year-old female patient who had suffered from severe premenstrual syndrome and sleep problems for many years, combined with frequent headaches. After evaluation and testing, it was found that there was a serious lack of magnesium and B complex in his body, so he began to supplement health food. After supplementing for about a week, the patient felt that his condition had improved a lot, especially the intervention of magnesium ions had significantly improved his sleep state, and he no longer slept lightly and easily woke up.
However, Dr. Yan Zuohua also reminded that if there is abnormal kidney function, before supplementing magnesium ions, in order to avoid the burden of minerals on the kidneys, it must be evaluated by a doctor before using it. In addition, when choosing magnesium products, it should be noted that magnesium has different forms, and only the right dosage form can be truly supplemented effectively. Dr. Yan Zuohua listed the common magnesium ion dosage forms on the market as follows:
1. Magnesium oxide: It is the most common form on the market but also the worst form to absorb. Not only the absorption rate is only 4%, but also it will increase gastrointestinal motility, so it is only suitable as a stool softener.
2. Magnesium citrate: The price is affordable, and the absorption rate is higher than magnesium oxide, but it is easy to cause stomach discomfort.
3. Magnesium gluconate: High bioavailability, but easy to cause gastrointestinal discomfort, diarrhea, and higher price compared to other forms of magnesium.
4. Magnesium glycinate (Magnesium glycinate): It is the form with the highest absorption and bioavailability among all forms of magnesium. There is no side effect when used, and it will release glycine, which can increase the time of deep sleep.
Although magnesium does help relieve stress and sleep, it is also reminded that before supplementing any health food, it is best to objectively examine one’s own disease history or related risks, and use appropriate testing methods to assess nutritional status. You should also actively consult a physician or nutritionist before supplementing, which will help to prescribe the right medicine, improve discomfort and achieve truly effective supplementation.
#lack #magnesium #body #afraid #diabetes #depression #Medical #roll #call #Food #eaters #constipationprone #groups #highrisk #groups #Headlines #TheHubNews