After 20 European Cup games, Erling Haaland has scored an astonishing 24 goals and has been successful at least once against every team he has faced in the UEFA Champions League. Now it’s up to the 20-year-old against his father’s ex-club Alf-Inge Håland, Manchester City.
• With 24 goals in 20 European Cup games, Haaland is showing all the superstars the taillights. After 20 appearances in Europe, Kylian Mbappé had scored twelve goals, Lionel Messi eight, Robert Lewandowski six and Cristiano Ronaldo just one.
• Even the legends of the sport cannot compete when it comes to Haaland’s statistics. After 20 European Cup games, Real Madrid stars Ferenc Puskás and Alfredo Di Stéfano scored 19 and 21 goals respectively, and even Gerd Müller and Jupp Heynckes couldn’t hold a candle to the Norwegian with 15 and 18 goals respectively after 20 games.
• Haaland is currently the third best Norwegian goalscorer in European Cup history, better only Harald Brattbakk (31 goals in 75 games) and John Carew (28 in 85), tied with Toré André Flo (who scored 61 games for his 24 goals) required). Ole Gunnar Solskjær ended his European career with 23 goals.
• There was only one team that Haaland failed to score in Europe: on their debut, their then-club Molde lost 2-1 in qualifying for the UEFA Europa League in July 2018 to Northern Irish club Glenavon and Haaland came away empty-handed. In his next game, a 3-0 win by Moldes against Laç from Albania, he was successful for the first time.
• With every club change, Haaland increased its yield; with Molde he scored four goals in five European Cup games, he was eight times successful in seven games for Salzburg and he currently has twelve goals in eight games for BVB.
Which clubs did Haaland score against?
Almost all of his opponents, except Glenavon. There were ten clubs in total: Club Brugge, Genk, Hibernian, Laç, Lazio, Liverpool, Napoli, Paris, Seville and Zenit. He scored eight of his goals against Belgian opponents, which means one goal every 33 minutes on average.
Minutes per goal
When scored Haaland his Champions League goals?
• Haaland have scored goals evenly across both halves, but are most dangerous in the last 15 minutes before half-time (7 goals in 24 games).
|41st to half time||2|
|85th to the final whistle||2|
Last updated: 23.03.21