Suara.com – The commemoration of the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad SAW, collective leave and weekend holidays that came consecutively made many Indonesians enjoy the day. long holiday which falls from October 28 to November 1 2020.
“We are facing a long holiday which is quite long, based on our experience in the past holiday period, the long holiday has resulted in an increase in the number of cases,” Doni said at the National Seminar of the Indonesian Hospital Association (LOST), Friday (30/10/2020).
Doni admitted that the impact of this long holiday and the Indonesian Independence Day celebrations on August 17 will be different from the Hari Raya holiday Eid Al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha some time ago.
Online Learning Focus Tricks You Must Know
Doni said, neither the Eid Al-Fitr nor the Eid Al-Adha holidays showed a significant increase in Covid-19 cases. This cannot be separated from the incessant education to the public.
“Indeed, during the Eid Al-Fitr holiday in May, we were very aggressive in reminding the public not to go home and so on, therefore the cases were relatively not too high. Then after that, there was the Eid al-Adha holiday at the end of July and the cases were not too high,” said Doni.
Everything changed during the long holiday last August. At that time, cases of Covid-19 infection jumped drastically and even entered the highest case increase during the Covid-19 pandemic in Indonesia.
“The result is an increase in cases in early September is very high due to the long weekend. If every day the average increase in cases reaches 2000s, but after the long holiday ends, the number of cases rises to 2500 to 3000 or to an average of 4000- there were more than 4,500 cases, and we were worried, “concluded Doni.
Meanwhile, quoting the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), here are some things you should do if you are infected with Covid-19 after returning from vacation:
- Stay home and take precautions, such as avoiding contact with other people until you feel safe to end home isolation. Isolation is usually carried out for 14 days, this is the incubation time required for the SARS CoV 2 virus to infect the body until it causes symptoms.
- Do not travel when you are sick, or you should not go outside.
- If you may have Covid-19, you should know that most people can recover and recover without medical treatment, as long as you make sure your immune system is healthy.
- Telemedicine (online consultation) facilities can be used to stay connected with your doctor. Before going to the hospital, make sure to contact your doctor or emergency room first if you might be infected with Covid-19.
- When you experience severe symptoms, such as shortness of breath, seek medical attention immediately.
- If you have to meet other people, take extra precautions to protect them, such as wearing a mask, keeping a minimum distance of 2 meters, and asking the person to do the same.