The World Health Organization corrected on Monday its assessment of the threat linked to the virus, calling it “high” internationally and no longer “moderate” as it had written so far because of a “formulation error”.
So far, WHO has said the risk is “very high in China, high regionally and moderate internationally”. “It was a formulation error, and we corrected it,” said a spokesperson for the Geneva-based organization.
On Sunday, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, the director of the WHO, announced that he was on his way to Beijing, “in order to meet the government and health specialists on the responses to be made to the coronavirus“. The latest report published by the Chinese authorities reports 2744 people infected in China with the nCoV 2019 virus, and 80 dead.