Dubai, United Arab Emirates (CNN) – Did you know that losing just one kilogram of your weight can help you lower your blood pressure?
And the Saudi Ministry of Health stated, through its official account on the “Instagram” website, that blood pressure decreases by about one reading in the pressure gauge indicator.
There are several ways to treat obesity and reach a healthy weight.
Appropriate treatment methods depend on the degree of obesity, general health status, and one’s desire to participate in a weight loss plan, and to maintain the correct way of making changes, which can be adhered to for life, in order to maintain an appropriate weight.
The Saudi Ministry of Health stated, on its website, that treatment methods include the following:
- Diet changes
- Exercising regularly
- Changing bad behaviors
- Prescription weight loss medications
- Weight loss surgery: for those with a BMI over 40
Apart from losing weight, there are other guidelines that can be followed to lower blood pressure, according to what was published by the Egyptian Ministry of Health and Population, in a tweet on Twitter.
It came as follows:
- Reduce salt to less than 5 grams per day
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- stop smoking
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Limit your intake of foods full of saturated fats
- Reducing psychological stress
- Check high blood pressure regularly