It all started as a normal July morning, but suddenly the Duchess realized that something was wrong.
Duchess Meghan writes that she had just changed the nappy of her son Archie (1) when the pain from a sharp cramp hit her. She sank to the floor, with her son in her arms.
– I knew, while hugging my firstborn child, that I lost my second, Meghan writes candidly.
– Unbearable grief
‘Hours later, I was lying in a hospital bed, holding my husband’s hand. I felt his clammy palm and kissed his knuckles, wet with both tears “, she writes further, and says that she imagined how they would get through it.
It was not known that the Duchess and Prince Harry (36) were expecting another child.
“Losing a child means carrying an almost unbearable grief, experienced by many, but talked about by few. In the pain of our loss, my husband and I realized that in a room with 100 women, 10 to 20 of them have experienced miscarriage. Nevertheless, the conversation remains taboo, full of unjustified shame, and an eternal circle of lonely grief “, she continues.
The Duchess further writes that when someone speaks out, they open up for others to follow. She also says that grief often becomes easier when someone cares and wants to listen.
“By being invited to share our pain, we take the first step towards healing,” she continues, urging readers to ask each other if they are well.
Praise the duke couple
It was she herself in an interview last year, which she also looks back on in the article. The Duchess says that she felt a pressure to appear in a way where everything seemed to be in the most beautiful order without it being.
The 39-year-old also focuses on the political situation in the United States – including the “Black Lives Matter” movement and the corona pandemic. The Duchess writes that many have experienced grief and pain this year.
See and Hear royal house expert, Caroline Vagle, praises the duke couple for their openness.
– I think it is important that Meghan talks loudly about this. In this way, she removes taboos, and puts into words a grief many have felt and feel. Because as she writes herself, there are very many who experience miscarriage, but still few who talk about it, says Vagle
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have it the last six months was in Los Angeles, after moving around North America for a while. Yes announced that they should give thanks for themselves and their royal duties, it did not take long before the news that they were on the move was released.
De to rarely comment on privacy his, and cares especially well for the little son. It therefore came as a surprise to many when they shared details about him earlier this autumn.
– We spend as much time with the little one as possible, the couple said in connection with a chat with the peace prize winner Malala Yousafzai.
– We have both been there for his first step, his first run, his first fall. His first everything, Prince Harry said proudly.
It was a very proud Prince Harry who in May 2019 announced that he and his wife had had a son.
– I have not been present during many births, this is actually my first. It was amazing, overwhelming and I am incredibly proud of my wife. As every father and parent says, the baby is absolutely amazing, so this little crab is to die for. I’m in heaven, he said.
The couple chose to give him the name Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, which surprised many. The Guardian wrote on commentator space that the name was probably chosen because the parents want the son to have as normal an upbringing as possible.
ALSO READ: – Refused to fulfill Harry’s wish