People of different age groups, 34 different occupational groups and people with previous illnesses are currently receiving their first or second vaccinations at the vaccination center. Due to the sometimes necessary individual checks and difficulties with the appointment booking portals due to the frequent changes to the vaccines, there are sometimes waiting times, especially in the registration area. To protect Bonn residents from rain, the city has set up tents in front of the vaccination center.
A look at the individual groups:
- Vaccinations for over 60s with AstraZeneca began on Easter Sunday, April 4th. The approximately 7,000 vaccination pairs available are almost fully booked; 720 vaccinations take place in the vaccination center every day.
- So far, around 15,800 vaccinations have been carried out in the 34 different occupational groups. The remaining 1000 or so appointments are largely booked out. The vaccinations are running out slowly.
- The vaccination offer for people with previous illnesses according to § 3 paragraph 1 number 2 of the Corona Vaccination Ordinance has been running for a week, initially for people over 70 years of age, then since the middle of last week over 50 years. Currently around 1,800 vaccinations have been carried out, almost all of the remaining 1,200 appointments have been booked. This promotion ends on April 7th. Afterwards, these people can have themselves vaccinated in the doctor’s office.
- Mobile teams in the group of bedridden people in care groups 4 and 5 with a maximum of two relatives have meanwhile vaccinated 980 people. Today, April 5th, another 45 will be added, from April 6th to around mid-April another 80 daily. This special campaign ends, starting April 7th, these people can have their family doctors vaccinated.
- The vaccinations for those over 80 are still running. They will continue until the beginning of May.
- From Tuesday, April 6, 2021, appointments for people who are 79 years old will start nationwide via the North Rhine Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians ( , by phone on 0800 116 117 01). The vaccinations themselves will start on Thursday, April 8th, 2021. It should be possible to book your life partner. The city had sent all letters. If you have not received a letter, appointments can be booked.
As of Sunday evening, April 4, 2021, a total of 56,670 first vaccinations were carried out in Bonn, 30,658 of them in the vaccination center at World CC Bonn. 21,270 people have already received their second vaccination, 7,343 of them in the vaccination center.
Only with an appointment to the vaccination center
The city administration asks to come to the vaccination center with an appointment and punctually (not too early). If you have any questions, please contact the hotline 0228 – 7175 or send an email to.
Quiet Easter weekend for city security
From the point of view of the city security service and the GABI guard, the Easter days (Maundy Thursday, April 1, to Easter Monday noon April 5) went very quietly. Only 19 reports were written for violations of the Corona Protection Ordinance.
The people in Bonn city center adhered to the mask requirement and the distance requirements. The pedestrian zone was well attended on Thursday and Saturday; there were many people in queues in front of test centers and shops. With a few exceptions, everyone behaved in an exemplary manner and with understanding, so that the GABI guard (joint contact point Bonn-Innenstadt) hardly had to intervene. She wrote six advertisements against mask grouches and eight advertisements for violating the ban on contact. A person without a mask remained unteachable despite being reported and had to be taken into custody.
There were also individual violations of the mask requirement in the rest of the city, for example when photographing the beginning of the cherry blossom in the old town. Here, the employees of the city security service held various conversations, so that verbal warnings were sufficient. Overall, the rush to the cherry blossom was quite low.
Over the course of the weekend, the city security service had a total of 55 corona-related missions, in addition to 13 quarantine controls and 46 deliveries of quarantine orders or measures for contact data tracking. The city security service wrote five reports for violations of the Corona Protection Ordinance, together with the GABI guard, so a total of 19 reports about the Easter days.
The registered events in the city area went quietly.
A special mission had nothing to do with the corona pandemic: the city security service confiscated 30 puppies and three cats that were rescued from an animal transporter and brought to the animal shelter in cooperation with the veterinary office and the fire brigade.
The incidence value is 126.8
Currently (Monday, April 5, 2021) there are 752 confirmed coronavirus cases in Bonn. In the past seven days, 418 new Covid-19 infections have occurred. The incidence value per 100,000 inhabitants is 126.8. As before, it is a diffuse infection process with very many individual cases; There are no focal points or outbreaks.
1 Since February 28, 2020, a total of 10,857 confirmed infections have been reported to the Bonn health department. 9,894 people are now considered to have recovered, 211 people have died in connection with the coronavirus. 2,010 Bonn residents are currently in quarantine.