It is previously known that the launch of the iPhone 12 has been put on hold, due to delays in production. The news is expected in October.
But on Tuesday night, Apple launched the new version of the operating system iOS, which will be available from Wednesday night.
In the new update, a number of new features are expected. This is the biggest update of the Home screen pages ever.
“IOS 14 is transforming the most iconic elements of the iPhone experience, and it’s starting with the biggest home screen update we’ve ever done,” said Apple Computer Software Manager Craig Federighi at the launch.
This is one of the things that you as an iPhone owner can expect from the new update:
- Among other things, the home screen gets its first update since the iPhone was launched. Now you can put Widgets on the home screen, Apple writes on its websites. The new widgets display information at the right time at a glance and can be attached in different sizes on all Home screen pages. Users can create a Smart stack of widgets, which use intelligence on the device to highlight the right widget based on time, place and activity.
- In addition, you get a separate “library” for your apps. This feature will automatically organize your apps into a single category. This makes it easier to find the relevant apps to use.
- Now Apple is also changing the function of receiving calls. When it rings while sitting with the mobile, only a banner will appear, the whole screen will not be taken over by the call.
- One feature many have missed on the iPhone is having picture in picture. You get it now. This means that you can, for example, watch videos or be on Facetime, while using another app.
- There are also changes in the Messages app. Now you can collect messages in different groups, and attach these at the top of the app.
- Over 20 new emoji choices.
- Safari can translate web pages.
- New app for translating into eleven different languages.
- App Clips, a feature where an app only records parts of the screen in given situations.
- In addition, there is much more in the new update.
How to get new iOS 14
Apple expects to roll out the new update as early as Wednesday, and will be available at Norwegian customers on Wednesday night.
- Go to settings
- Select in general
- Select update
Please note that there is no given time for when the new update is available. iPhone checks for new updates when you select update.