The season has so far been anything but easy for FC fans. With the exception of the first matchday of this season, the club was not once over 14th place. In one table, however, the FC plays in the Champions League.
- 1. FC Köln in second place in the sustainability table
- Only VfL Wolfsburg better than 1. FC Köln
- 1. FC Köln before the decisive game against Mainz 05
1. FC Köln in second place in the Bundesliga? It does not work? Go then! Namely in the sustainability table of the Bundesliga.
1. FC Köln achieved 20 out of 21 points in the sustainability table
The British organization Sport Positive has created this table together with the two television channels BBC and Sky. The 18 clubs on the German Beletage were checked for their efforts to promote sustainable mobility, their use of energy and their waste management, among other things.
1. FC Köln achieved 20 out of 21 points in the ranking; FC only missed the full number of points in the “Water Efficiency” category. The only club with 21 points is VfL Wolfsburg, the final duo are Bayer Leverkusen and Arminia Bielefeld (both six points).
FC Vice President Eckhard Sauren: “Sporty Bundesliga table is the more decisive”
FC Vice President Eckhard Sauren (49) on the table: “The commitment to more sustainability is very important to us because it is part of our social responsibility as an association with more than 111,000 members to create awareness for the topic and to support changes . “
For FC Managing Director Alexander Wehrle (46), the placement is proof of good work: “The evaluation confirms that we are on the right track in terms of sustainability in the league comparison – and at the same time shows the details in which we can get even better . “
Now new: The matchday EXPRESS. The newsletter about 1. FC Köln prepares you perfectly for the upcoming game. Register now!
But of course the correct Bundesliga table counts more, as Sauren says: “We are happy about the placement, even if the sporting Bundesliga table is of course the more decisive for us.”
And in the race for this table on Sunday (April 11th, 6pm, Sky) things will get really serious for 1. FC Köln. Then the team of coach Markus Gisdol (51) receives table neighbors FSV Mainz 05 for the basement cracker. (tsc)