Third Woman Retains Lawyers as Sydney Swans Assault Investigation Deepens
The woman at the centre of the alleged Sydney Swans sexual assault scandal has engaged legal representation through Slater and Gordon, with senior lawyer Jackson Pannam announcing that a potential civil lawsuit is currently being evaluated. According to ABC News and Kyfreepress.com.au, the client contacted police immediately following the incident at the Pullman Hotel in East Melbourne during the early hours of Monday, August 17, 2026.
Legal Actions and Civil Claim Preparations
Jackson Pannam stated that his client has had her entire world turned upside down while navigating an incredibly traumatic experience. This potential civil claim operates independently of ongoing criminal proceedings led by Victoria Police.
In a separate legal development reported by The Age, Carbone Lawyers announced representation for two other women involved in the incident, who are believed to be adult entertainers hired in the hours after the Swans’ victory against Essendon. Partner John Karantzis told radio station 3AW that his clients are suffering severe stress and anxiety, stating they faced demeaning and abhorrent actions while in the hotel room.
Club Discipline and Police Investigation Status
Heading into the late stages of the AFL season, the Sydney Swans organization disciplined five players—Isaac Heeney, Nick Blakey, Chad Warner, Riley Bice, and James Jordon—by standing them down for breaching club standards regarding drinking and staying out late. According to statements released by Victoria Police on Saturday, August 22, 2026, detectives from the Sexual Crimes Squad are actively investigating the report of a sexual assault.
While no arrests or charges have been filed, Victoria Police confirmed that a number of individuals have been spoken to regarding the movements and exact circumstances inside the hotel room. The Sydney Swans categorically stated that no club staff members were involved or present in the room, and confirmed that none of the players had been formally interviewed by police as of Saturday morning.
Broader Ramifications and Venue Accountability
The AFL integrity unit is also conducting an independent review of the events surrounding the East Melbourne gathering.
Swans chairman Andrew Pridham told The Age that the club would thoroughly examine how the events of Monday morning transpired, maintaining that the club’s overarching standards were sound even if the execution by the players failed.