President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelenskyy approved the Strategic Defense Bulletin. Its purpose is to determine the main directions for the implementation of the country’s military policy.
According to the Strategic Defense Bulletin, Ukraine’s military policy will be implemented in the following areas:
- restoration of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Ukraine, resistance and containment of threats from the Russian Federation and prevention of military conflicts with other countries;
- planning the defense plan of Ukraine;
- provision by central executive authorities of capabilities for timely mobilization, effective management of defense resources and satisfaction of defense needs;
- comprehensive support for the defense of Ukraine;
- introduction of NATO experience, principles and standards into defense, participation in joint operations and exercises, as well as meeting the membership criteria for further integration.