The novelty is now available for WhatsApp Web and can be accessed on the desktop version of the platform starting next week.
WhatsApp has released a new tool for its users: an editor that allows the creation of personalized stickers. The functionality is now available for WhatsApp Web and will be accessible, in the desktop version, probably from next week. For cell phones, there is no forecast for the launch of the new feature yet.
Previously, messenger users had to use an extra app or service to create their own stickers. The new WhatsApp tool is being released gradually, so it may take a few days for all users to have access to the new feature.
How to create stickers (stickers) through WhatsApp Web
The sticker creation feature can be accessed from two ways:
- The first is among the attachment options, represented by the clip icon;
- The second form is found in the most recent stickers area, represented by the “Create” button.
After uploading the image from the computer, an editing screen should be displayed to the user. You will be able to cut, resize, draw and insert text or emojis. See step by step both ways.
Step by step to create stickers using WhatsApp Web
- Open the chat;
- Click on the clip icon;
- Select the option “Signature” and load an image from your computer to transform it into a personalized figurine;
- Then edit the image however you like, cutting, drawing or inserting text and emojis;
- When finished editing, click on the arrow icon to send the sticker.
- Open the chat;
- In the text box, click the emoji icon to show more options;
- The sticker menu will be displayed on the screen;
- Click on the “Create” button;
- Choose an image from your computer and edit it however you prefer;
- Then, just send the card to your contact.
To save the sticker, the user needs to open WhatsApp on the cell phone, click on the sticker and add it to favorites.