Updated on 01/03/2021 04:37 pm
Didn’t you know about this trick WhatsApp? Well now it’s time to learn it. Around 2020 the fast messaging application has added tools for all kinds of tastes such as animated stickers, “dark mode”, disappearing messages, improvements in calls and video calls, etc.
LOOK: WhatsApp and the new functions that will arrive in the app in 2021
Despite this, if you delete the application by carelessness or simply by mistake and you have not made a backup of your chats, it is possible that you have lost them for a lifetime.
Did you know that there is a salvation? If you made a mistake and erased WhatsApp, you have this simple option to be able to have all your messages as you left them the last time.
HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR WHATSAPP MESSAGES WITHOUT BACKUP COPY
The trick is quite simple, but you will need to have a little patience. Remember not to use third-party applications as they can steal information from your WhatsApp and even view your conversations:
- The first thing you should do is enter your cell phone files.
- There, look for the WhatsApp folder, which is the one in the last position.
- When you do, go to the Databases folder.
- In that section you will see a file called msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Now replace the name as follows: msgstore-year-month-day.1.db.crypt12, that is, with the exact date you want to restore, in this case today.
- If the file with the title msgstore-year-month-day.1.db.crypt12 already exists, you must delete it so that it allows you to continue without problems.
- Once these steps are done, reinstall WhatsApp on your cell phone.
- There it will offer you the option to “Restore”, in this way all your conversations will be loaded again with your deleted chats that you did not backup.