“What should a diabetic eat?” when you must be sickdiabetes This question is therefore often sought, as well as diabetics, what should they not eat? “diabetes” It is a disease that cannot be cured. but it can control the incidence of complications such as cardiovascular disease High blood pressure, kidney disease, eye disease, nervous system disease, etc, including current data found even people infected with covid have a high right to have diabetes compared to people who have never been infected. When it can’t be cured So we can control diabetes. lifestyle modification (lifestyle modification) from eatingfood
diabetes it is a disease caused by abnormalities of the pancreas that cannot secrete insulin to maintain blood sugar levels
There are two types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes Most insulin-dependent diabetes occurs in children.
- Type 2 diabetes is not insulin dependent. Caused by heredity, obesity, especially belly fat from eating behavior and other reasons
How do you know it is diabetes?
- Having large appetite, frequent thirst, frequent urination, especially at night, fatigue, easy fatigue, women often have itching in the vagina or groin.
- by blood test (after fasting for at least 8 hours) above 126 mg / dl
“What should a diabetic eat?” diabetic dietfoodnormal for ordinary people But you may need to choose the type of food which must be of good quality and control the quantity of food appropriately. To help control blood sugar levels are not elevated. or too low Each nutrient should have the following restrictions:
1. carbohydrate It is the macronutrient that affects blood sugar the most.
- Rice flour He should eat brown or brown rice, whole grain bread, dried beans, oats and millet due to their high fiber content. Helps to slow down blood sugar levels.
- vegetables can eat unlimited Due to low energy and high fiber diet Should focus on green leafy vegetables such as cabbage, squash, Chinese cabbage, morning glory, but there may be some vegetables that should be limited to eat such as sweet potato, taro , pumpkin, carrots because they have a very high starch content.
- fruit can be consumed in different quantities Depending on the glycemic index (glycemic index), such as 1 small apple, 1 small orange, 1 small guava, 1/2 banana, 6-8 papaya / word, 1/2 dragon fruit, etc. . Every day can eat 2-3 times a day.diabetes Fruit and vegetable juices should be avoided. Because it will cause blood sugar levels to rise rapidly.
2. protein Fish and / or chicken should be consumed primarily. eating fish more than 2 times a week You will get Omega 3, which is found in salmon, tuna, mackerel, snakehead, etc., and should avoid processed meats such as sausages, bacon, ham, pork sausages, pork chops, pork and shredded pork.
3. sodiumfor diabetic patients with high blood pressure Daily sodium intake should be limited to 2000 mg / day.
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce contains 1,160-1,420 mg of sodium.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce contains 960-1.420 mg of sodium.
- 1 teaspoon of MSG contains 497 mg of sodium.
- 1 teaspoon of salt contains 2000 milligrams of sodium.
can use herbs To enhance the flavor of foods to make them more inviting, such as ginger, galangal, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves. (Several Tom Yum machines)
edible food but in limited quantities
- milk group You should eat natural milk, skim milk, skim milk, soy milk, unsweetened infant formula. Appropriate amount 1-2 cups / day (250cc volume)
- Rice, Flour and Cereals He should eat brown rice, whole grains, whole wheat bread, adequate amount 8-9 ladles / day.
- different meat groups He should eat meat, fish, lean, skinless meat, eggs, especially egg whites. Appropriate quantity: 12 tablespoons of rice / day (whole eggs can be consumed in people with low blood cholesterol, 2-3 eggs / day)
- group of fruit He should eat fresh, not too sweet fruit, such as guava, papaya, apple, mandarin, grapefruit, pink apple, etc. Adequate dose 3-4 parts / day (1 part of fruit equals 6-8 pieces)
- fat group Should eat rice bran oil, soybean oil Corn oil, avoid animal oils, palm oil, coconut oil, coconut milk, non-dairy cream, adequate amount 6-7 tsp / day.
- Sugar, salt, seasoning It should be consumed avoiding excess sugar, salt and seasonings. For those addicted to sweets, artificial sugar can be used as a sweetener instead. can sugar
edible food unlimited quantity
Plant groups of different types, because the plant group provides starch-based substances with a low sugar content and high fiber content. Helps block the absorption of sugars and fats. He should eat green leafy vegetables such as morning glory, cabbage, cabbage, cucumber, cabbage, cauliflower, and squash. Vegetables, beans, tomatoes, eggplants, etc. Adequate dose 4-6 ladles / day
What should a diabetic eat? Open a recommended menu in 1 day
Breakfast (Choose one.Alternatively, you can substitute a menu with similar nutrients and quantities.)
- 1 cup shrimp porridge or minced pork congee, 1 saucer of melon / 1 tangerine
- Spinach, egg and cheese sandwich, 1 saucer of melon, black coffee / coffee with low-fat milk + 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1 fried egg / sollo, 1 plate of salad, black coffee / coffee with low-fat milk + 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Unsweetened fruit such as guava, cantaloupe, apple, 1 saucer of pink apple or 1 banana
- 1 glass of food substitute or 1 glass of skim / low-fat milk
- Low-fat white yogurt, 3-4 strawberries
- 1 bowl of water or dry spaghetti, 1 saucer of unsweetened fruit (1 cup)
- 1 plate of Thai papaya salad, 1 piece of grilled skinless chicken, 1 saucer of sticky rice (1/2 cup)
- 1 plate of fried rice, 1 plate of salad
- Meal replacement 1 cup, 4-5 strawberries
- 3-4 wholemeal crackers, 1 glass of undiluted fruit and vegetable juice
- 3 dumplings or 1 steamed bun, 1 warm chrysanthemum / hot unsweetened tea
- 1 ladle brown rice / cooked rice, orange curry with mixed vegetables / stir-fried mixed vegetables with shrimp / soup with tofu and minced pork, steamed fish or grilled fish 1 pc.
- Brown rice / cooked rice 1 ladle, 1 fried mackerel, 1 plate of chili paste + fresh vegetables and boiled vegetables
- 1 plate of grilled lean fish or chicken steak, vegetable salad or blanched vegetables
listfoodpresented is just an example. diabeticHaving the freedom to choose a variety of food like normal people. You just have to learn how to choose a type of food. Appropriate quantity, adaptation and selection of food substitutes. to be able to control blood sugar levels to be consistently at safe levels
thanks for the information Phyathai Hospital, Siriraj Hospital
In order not to miss any news, Kom Chad Luek, go up
Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnniqWGq9lOqYd5sGWxVi7w
Today Line – https://today.line.me/th/v2/publisher/100057
Check out the list of artists nominated for the “Khom Luek Lukthung Awards 2022”, which are 6 Candidate fields and 8 Popular Votes.