watchOS 7.0.2 is available, the second update to the watchOS 7 operating system. Read here how to install the update on your Apple Watch.
Read on after the ad.
watchOS 7.0.2 now available
In the first update of watchOS 7 a number of bugs have already been fixed. However, two problems also lingered. Users complained about the shorter battery life and missing GPS data. With the update to watchOS 7.0.2, that seems a thing of the past.
According to Apple’s release notes, watchOS 7.0.2 fixes, among other things, a bug that made the battery in the Apple Watch drain faster. Additionally, the software update resolves the issue where some users were unable to access the Ecg app.
Download watchOS 7.0.2
There are two ways to update your Apple Watch: via your iPhone and directly via the Apple Watch itself. Below you can read how to apply both ways.
watchOS update via je iPhone
- Use your paired iPhone;
- Go to My Watch and after that General;
- Tap on Software-update and please wait until the update is downloaded;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and wait for the update to install.
Keep your paired iPhone close to your Apple Watch or you will disrupt the update process. The update can take longer than an hour. So patience is certainly a virtue. You can only complete the installation with your Apple Watch on the charger. So keep this in mind.
Updaten direct via Apple Watch
- Open the settings app on your Apple Watch;
- Go to General and after that Software-update;
- Your Apple Watch will now search for the watchOS update;
- Tap download;
- Connect your Apple Watch to the charger and the installation starts automatically.