Men’s singles first seed Viktor Axelsen bowed at the hands of Thai players Kunlavut Vitidsarn. Meanwhile, Japan brought two championship titles from India Open 2023.
In the 2023 India Open finals, Sunday (22/1), the men’s singles number was the closing match. There is Kunlavut Vitidsarn (Thailand) vs. Viktor Axelsen (Denmark).
Kunlavut Vitidsarn, seeded eighth, managed to win a tough duel against Axelsen in the first game. Axelsen then strolled to level the score in the second game.
In the decisive gym, Kunlavut Vitidsarn managed to ensure victory over Viktor Axelsen to win the championship title India Open 2023 men’s singles number.
In other games, as previously reported, two Japanese representatives won the title via walkover. It happened after their opponents, who were both from China, withdrew due to diarrhea.
Japan actually has the opportunity to win three titles. But Akane Yamaguchi must admit the superiority of South Korean women’s singles An Se Young.
Meanwhile, China also managed to bring home a championship title through the success of defeating Liang Wei Keng / Wang Chan. Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia)
India Open 2023 final results
- Yuta Watanbe/Arisa Higashino (Jepang) vs Wang Yi Lyu/Huang Dong Ping (China): Walkover
- An Se Young (South Korea) vs. Akane Yamaguchi (Japan): 15-21, 21-16, 21-12
- Nami Matsuyama/Chiharu Shida (Jepang) vs Chen Qing Chen/Jia Yi Fan (China): Walkover
- Liang Wei Keng/Wang Chan (China) vs Aaron Chia/Soh Wooi Yik (Malaysia): 14-21, 21-19, 21-18
- Kunlavut Vitidsarn (Thailand) vs Viktor Axelsen (Denmark): 22-20, 10-21, 21-12