Investing.com – Fed member Harker said in a series of remarks ahead of the most important announcement tomorrow, Friday:
- I don’t expect a recession this year
- If we see a strong deterioration in the labor market report tomorrow, that would be a cause for concern
- It’s time to pause the interest hike next meeting
- If a recession hits, a cut will be needed
- Today’s consumption report from retailers shows a decline in US consumer spending
- Let’s skip the next meeting and see what happens
Read also |
Markets after the remarks
- It is declining strongly due to the lack of confidence in the rate hike process, and recording a decline of 0.71%, while reaching a price of 103.480.
- The price rose by 0.66%, to record $1.955 an ounce. And the price recorded an increase of 0.76% to the price of $ 1,977 an ounce.
- The American price records an increase of 3.79% to the price of $70.69 per barrel, while it records an increase of 3.13% to the price of $74.89 per barrel.
- It rises by 0.54%, to reach 178.50 points, while it rises by 0.92%, and Nasdaq leads gains by 1.20%.
#Urgent #Federal #Reserves #statements #surprise #markets. #case #cut #interest #rates #Investing.com