PHOENIX, Arizona. – UPS announced that it expects to hire more than 2,820 seasonal employees in the Phoenix metropolitan area and 690 in Tucson., to support the anticipated annual increase in package volume that will begin in October 2021 and continue through January 2022. Nationwide, the company expects to hire more than 100,000 employees.
To fill in one of the tightest job markets in US history, UPS has reinvented its approach to hiring for the holidays, submitting job offers to qualified candidates in 30 minutes or less.
Additional benefits of a seasonal job with the logistics leader include:
• During the past three years, approximately one-third of the people hired by UPS for seasonal jobs were subsequently hired in a permanent position.
- Almost three-quarters of seasonal employees want their job to become a long-term positionaccording to a recent survey of Americans.
• Through the company’s Earn and Learn program, eligible seasonal student employees can earn up to $ 1,300 toward college expenses, in addition to your hourly pay, for three months of continuous employment.
• UPS permanent jobs, including part-time jobs, have great pay and benefits, including health care and retirement benefits and up to $ 25,000 in tuition assistance.
Local UPS facilities that hire seasonal workers include:
• Phoenix, AZ- 3150 N. 31st Ave Phoenix, AZ 85017
• Phoenix Sky Harbor Gateway, AZ- 3002 Old Tower Road Suite 500 Phoenix, AZ 85034
Ody Goodyear, AZ- 16510 W Indian School Rd Goodyear, AZ 85395
• Tempe, AZ- 1975 E Wildermuth Tempe, AZ 85281
• Mesa, AZ- 5552 E Inverness Ave Mesa, AZ 85206
Initial payment by type of work:
• Package Handlers: $ 15- $ 19 per hour down payment
• Seasonal drivers: $ 21 / hour
• Seasonal PT Supervisors: $ 19 – $ 20 / hour
• Drivers of seasonal personal vehicles: $ 21 / hour
• Seasonal driver assistants: $ 15 / hour
Interested applicants should apply at www.upsjobs.com.
They rescue a 10-year-old boy who rolled over in an all-terrain vehicle