After yesterday Microsoft released a new update for Windows Insider Dev Channel users, today they released a new update for Windows 11 Insider Beta users, both Build 22621 and 22624 users.
The update presented is KB5023780 and will change the OS build to 22624.1470 and 22621.1470, which includes a number of improvements, including bringing back the option to add seconds setting in the system tray, USB 4 page support in Settings and several other improvements.
So, as usual, in Insider Beta, the OS build is divided into two, namely 22621 with new features that default to Off and 22624 with new features that default to On. For Build 22624 itself, some of the new features that are presented include:
The presence of new pages and options for USB4 on the Settings page, where this feature was also previously introduced at Insider Dev yesterday.
Regarding these new capabilities and options, please note that these new options will only be available to systems that already have support for USB 4, so if your device does not have USB 4 support, this page will not appear. To see if your system supports USB4, you can open Device Manager and make sure that there is already a USB4 host router as shown in the following image.
In addition to the notification toast in the email two factor authentication akan present option to copy the code.
Apart from the two things above, the network icon will also change if the user is using a VPN network and the user can bring up the seconds option again in the system tray by activating this option on the Settings page.
As for other fixes and improvements that are present in both builds, they include changes to Windows Search, which now comes with a brighter color if the user uses a custom color.
And other improvements which include:
- Fixed rendering issues when using the touch keyboard with the search box on taskbar.
- Fixed an issue when double clicking the search highlight glyph in the search box makes it disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the search box would randomly disappear.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon flips incorrectly for right-to-left (RTL) languages.
- Fixed on issue where you might have seen some text flicker in the search box when you click into it.
- Fixed an issue where the search box might disappear on one monitor if you are using multiple monitors.
- Made some accessibility fixes to the settings for search under Settings > Personalization > Taskbar.
Now for you Windows Insider Beta Channel users, you can get this latest build via the Settings > Windows Update > Check for Updates page, then download and install the KB5023780 update available there.
Via : Microsoft