– I can confirm that there was an immediate investigation that took place yesterday, which meant that the police arrested two people who we suspect may have something to do with the fire.
Svein Erik Gjølmesli at Stjørdal police station told NRK on Monday morning.
To be questioned on Monday
It was The magazine who mentioned the case first. Avisa writes that the arrested live in Meråker.
– They are both in custody, and will be questioned throughout the day, says Gjølmesli, who confirms that there are two men.
Police attorney Robin Moe tells NRK that there is a suspicion that the fire may have been started:
– But it is too early to conclude.
The police state that no one lived in the house at the time the fire broke out. But can not say how long the home has been uninhabited.
Still heat in the ruins
– We have packed up and are on our way down to the fire station with the last of the equipment now, said Håvard Nicolausson, section leader for the fire and rescue service in Meråker, to Bladet just before 10 o’clock on Monday morning.
Furthermore, the newspaper writes that three people from the fire service were on duty and worked with post-extinguishing through the night.
– There is still a lot of heat in the ruins, but it is mainly steam.