Health The student confused a dangerous disease with a hangover...

The student confused a dangerous disease with a hangover and was paralyzed.: People: From life: Lenta.ru

-

A resident of the English city of Nottingham confused a symptom of a rare and dangerous disease with a hangover and was paralyzed. It is reported by The Sun.

Rachael Bailey, 25, told reporters how in 2014 she stopped talking, breathing, and moving because of Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS). This is a rare disease in which the body’s immune response to an intestinal or pulmonary infection causes damage to the nervous system. “The first year of treatment was a nightmare, I hated everything,” she recalls. “All my plans have collapsed.”

Bailey was at the freshmen party when she felt a tingling sensation in her legs. The next morning, the student wrote off her ill health as a hangover, and leg pain – on uncomfortable shoes. When her legs were paralyzed, she was taken to the hospital.

Three days later, Bailey was connected to a ventilator and put into a coma. After that, she lost the ability to speak, move and breathe. “Even after I was diagnosed, I remained calm. “I thought I was young and physically fit, so I’ll be back home in a weekend,” she says. “But in the end I spent six months in the hospital with tubes in my mouth, ate from a spoon and moved in a wheelchair.”

The girl claims that the disease paralyzed her from head to toes. “I could not speak, I could not move, I could not even scream. I suffered from terrible pain, but I could not scream – it was painful, ”she admits.

The British spent 59 days in the intensive care unit and 76 days in the rehabilitation center, as a result she was able to leave the hospital on her own. After that, Bailey decided to change her specialty at the university and unlearn a physiotherapist. Last month, she received a diploma and in a couple of weeks she plans to go to work in a London hospital.

“I used to think that physiotherapists only do what they help footballers and massage patients. But they turned out to be real heroes and wizards, Bailey emphasizes. “What they did to me is simply unbelievable.”

Earlier was reportedthat a resident of the Scottish city of Glasgow took the symptoms of a dangerous illness for a cold and ended up in a hospital completely paralyzed. Danielle McGuinness (Danielle McGuinness) for several weeks suffered from nausea and severe coughing, taking it for signs of a cold. As a result, she was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome.

More interesting and surprising – in our Instagram. Subscribe!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

CHECK THE LATEST INFO When is Maintenance FF August 2020 Done? See Also the Latest Free Fire Redeem Codes

TRIBUNKALTIM.CO - Here's the latest information about when maintenance FF August 2020 is finished, don't forget to check the...

He died horribly! Neighbors drank coffee!

According to the information obtained in Adana, the incident occurred in the Mahfesığmaz District of Çukurova district, which freezed...

Betplay League: Jackson Martínez near Medellín, Portimonense decided

One of the names that has gained strength to bequeath to Colombian professional football in this pale transfer market...

The WHO commented on the registration of the vaccine against COVID-19 in Russia – RT in Russian

Short link 13:56 Technical experts from the World Health Organization (WHO) commented on the data on registration in Russia of the...

Doctors confirmed a stroke in Efremov

https://ria.ru/20200812/1575691282.htmlDoctors confirmed a stroke in EfremovMikhail Efremov is in the Botkin hospital, doctors confirmed he has a stroke. ...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you