The time is coming flu vaccination campaign and covid. It will be a joint, targeted vaccination population at risk. The covid-19 vaccine also offers protection against the omnicrome variant, the most frequent for a year in the Basque Country.
People belonging to risk groups will be able to make an appointment from Monday 26 through the Osakidetza website or by calling your health center and they will be scheduled starting October 3. The rest of the population wishing to get vaccinated will be able to do so starting on November 1st.
Who forms the risk groups?
Osakidetza will offer the population vaccines against influenza and COVID-19 (fourth dose) at the same time, starting their administration with the groups most at risk of complications. The rest of the population wishing to get vaccinated against the flu have to wait until November to make an appointment.
- Over 65 years old
- People with chronic diseases such as diabetes, COPD, heart disease, etc …
- Pregnant women
- Health and social health professionals
Where and when to vaccinate Osakidetza?
The la 26 September Vaccination will begin for people living in the residences. Vaccination is foreseen for the rest of the population Osakidetza health centers, As usual. Vaccination will begin on October 3 by risk groups, giving priority to older people, those over the age of 80.
Subsequently, from the beginning of November, the ban will be opened to the rest of the population who want to get vaccinated. Those who wish can be vaccinated against the flu. As for the Covid-19 vaccine, it has not yet been decided who can be vaccinated with the fourth dose.
How to request an appointment?
Initially, priority will be given to people belonging to risk groups. Like this:
- If you belong to the risk group: make an appointment through the Osakidetza website or by calling your health center. You will be able to do it from next Monday, 26.
- If you do NOT belong to the risk group: wait until November 1st. You can request an appointment via the website or by calling your health center. The possibility of making an appointment with this group will be open from 17 October.
- Osakidetza also offers companies the possibility, through its prevention services, to purchase flu vaccines and have employees vaccinated.
So are the vaccines
For what concern complaint The Basque Country acquired a total of 651,500 doses with the possibility of increasing them to 781,800 in the Basque Country:
- Quadrivalent vaccine (Fluarix Tetra®): 633,000 doses. Offers protection against a influenza B lineage and the 3 most common influenza strains. By doing this, it would help reduce cases of influenza and also the hospitalization and mortality rates associated with influenza.
- Quadrivalent influenza vaccine with high antigenic load of fractionated viruses, inactivated (Efluelda®) intended for institutionalized persons aged 65 or over.
For its part, the booster vaccine against covid-19 it has also evolved. The current and future expeditions offer protection against omicron deformation. At present, the Basque Country has 129,600 booster doses against COVID-19, a number that will increase in the coming weeks with new deliveries. According to available information, approximately 370,000 vaccines were initially administered in the Basque Country for the fourth dose of covid-19.