It was called Arthur and he is already being dubbed the “four-legged hero”, after having died in the face of one of Australia’s most poisonous snakes, saving two children.
Arthur he was in the backyard of the family home in Queensland, playing with the two children, when a brown snake appeared nearby. Upon seeing it, the cat “took action to protect its young family and killed” the reptile, Facebook post the Animal Emergency Service, which provided veterinary care for the cat.
Nobody noticed, but the cat was eventually bitten. Arthur he lost consciousness shortly after the incident, one of the most common reactions to a snakebite, although little known among pet owners, but recovered quickly, “as if nothing was wrong”.
However, the next morning, his tutors found him again senseless, unable to get up. They still took him to the hospital, but the symptoms were “too serious to recover”. At the post the tribute messages are repeated.
According to the The Independent, the poison of the snake that bit Arthur it is the “second most toxic in the world”. The snake is known for its agility, aggressiveness and bad temper. Your bite can cause paralysis and block blood clotting.