In the show “Ralph prepares” the little chefs Ralph and Martins prepare delicious and simple food, in each show introducing the viewers to a tool used in the kitchen. This time shows how to safely work with a grater in the kitchen.
The grater is a tool that helps to grate various products quickly and easily. Its blades act like small knives that turn everything into fine chips or slices. With a grater you can chop carrots for salad, cheese pizza and even chocolate for sweet food.
Printable coloring pattern for a conversation with younger children:
- Grate blades are very sharp, so be careful with your fingers.
- All you have to do is push the product down, but just lift it up.
- Never try to grate the product to the end, the last piece is probably left bigger and – just eaten.
Ralph is ready
A show for little gourmets!
- The hosts of the show are Ralph and his little brother Martin.
- In each show, an interesting recipe, tips for little chefs and an exploratory tour to see how food is obtained and processed
- Watch the show on LTV1 on Saturdays at 9.00 and Bernistaba.lsm.lv.
The grater is a tool that helps to grate a wide variety of products quickly and easily. Its handle is designed to hold the grater firmly in place, but many blades act like small knives. They can be used to grate carrots for salads, cheese pizza and even chocolate for sweet food. But in cases where a very large amount of a product needs to be grated, the hand quickly penetrates. Therefore, nowadays, electric graters are often used, where all movements are performed instead of by hand by a special, electrically operated motor. And, for example, in restaurants, where food has to be prepared for 100 people at a time, chefs mostly use electric graters.
However, even with an ordinary grater, the product can usually be cut in several ways – coarser and finer chips or slices.
As the blades of the grater are sharp – be careful. Remember that the product only needs to be pushed downwards, but simply lifted upwards. And most importantly – never try to grate the product to the end, the last tip is probably left bigger and just eaten. Because rubbing into the skin – believe me – it’s very painful.
Highlight text and press Ctrl+Enterto send the text to be edited!
Highlight text and press Report a bug buttons to send the text to be edited!