That reports AP news agency. 18-year-old son Marshall Hutchings says his father Dana was unaware of the risks.
Dana Hutchings died after choking on a taco. It was an amateur game, a halftime event of a baseball game in August 2019. Participants had to eat as many tacos as possible in a certain time.
Professional eaters train for the eats, “but that is not always the case in amateur games. The participants should have been made aware of the risks, ”says the family’s lawyer.
The owner of the Fresno Grizzlies baseball club, Fresno Sports and Events, has to answer. The chairman does not want to say anything.