KONTAN.CO.ID – Dull and slightly red eyes make us look like people are tired, even sick. In fact, tired eyes are the result of staying up late, working long hours in front of a laptop screen, dehydration, smoking, or even serious health problems.
To reduce red eye because of a mild problem some natural ways you can try to do at home so that the eyes look clearer.
1. Eye Training
There are easy ways to relax and brighten the eyes which increase blood circulation and relieve eye strain. The first eye training is to close the eyes and squeeze them tightly.
Then open it quickly, as wide as possible. Repeat until the eyes start watering. This will help the eyes feel fresh and bright.
You can also move a pen or pencil horizontally and vertically in front of your eyes, keeping your eye focused at the tip of the pen. Do this exercise for 10 to 15 minutes every day.
Another option is to rub your palms together until warm, then place them on the closed eyelid for a few minutes.
2. Eye compresses
Do not throw away used tea bags. We can use it to reduce eye strain and restore its natural light. The antioxidant properties in tea help reduce swelling around the eyes.
How to use it:
– Brew 2 tea bags in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
– Lift the tea bag, squeeze the excess water and put it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes or more.
– Compress the cold tea bag over the eyes closed and let it sit for 5 minutes.
– Repeat several times until the eyes feel fresh. Illustration See Photo Illustration (Shutterstock)
3. Sliced cucumbers or potatoes
Compressing the eyes with cucumber or potato slices will also work wonders for the eyes. The content in the two vegetables significantly helps to brighten the eyes and reduce swelling and circles under the eyes.
– Cut several thick slices of cucumber or potato and put them in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
– Place cold slices on the closed eyelid until it gets warm.
– Rinse eyes with water. Repeat this process several times.
4. Always keep your eyes hydrated
One simple secret to getting clear eyes is to keep your eyes hydrated. Splash your eyes with room temperature water several times a day. This will help eliminate dull and tired eyes.
Avoid staring at the computer screen for too long to prevent your eyes from drying out. If you stare at the screen a lot, do it more often to prevent your eyes from drying out. Also, drink lots of water and eat fruits and vegetables that contain lots of water. (Dian Reinis Kumampung)
This article has been aired on Kompas.com with the title “Do This So The Eyes Look Fresh and Clear“