After an intense final, it was decided on Saturday night that Andreas Wahl had won this year’s “Skal vi danse”.
The evening offered a number of highlights, airy soaring – and not least a reunion with the eliminated participants. While Nate Kahungu and his partner got the most referee points, it was the TV viewers who decided it all, and named Wahl the winner.
– It’s completely wild. I was then put out of my emotions and shocked, Wahl told Dagbladet after he took the victory.
– This is a great moment, and we share it together. I think you deserve it with all my heart, said dance partner Mai Mentzoni proudly to the recent winner.
Now at least the adventure is over, and both Nate Kahungu and Andreas Wahl going out of the dance bubble. Go back to the lives they had before the intense run-up began this fall. How should it really be possible?
Dagbladet talked to the finalists before everything was decided. Both could share that they had the plans for “retirement” ready.
Throughout the autumn, Nate Kahungu has greatly impressed both the viewers and the judges with his seductive performances on the floor. Together with Helene Spilling, they have been at the top of the points lists several times. He does not rule out that there will be more dancing in the future, but it is definitely not the first priority.
– I will lie on the sofa, and there I will lie for a long time, he says humorously.
Throughout the season, he has contracted a groin strain, which has been painful to dance with. All the movement has also gone over the lower back. Therefore, it will undoubtedly be nice to relax for a few days.
It should be mentioned, however, that he has no plans to disappear from the spotlight. When the relaxation is over, it’s back to work for Kahungu.
– There will be a lot of music in the future for me. I’m not quite done with my EP yet, it was put on ice a bit because of all the dancing. But I will definitely return to the studio soon, he says, and continues:
– Then I have plans to collaborate a bit with other artists. I also have some other projects underway, which I can not say much about yet. But it’s entertainment. So I will not withdraw from the limelight completely yet, Kahungu explains.
During the season, he has been branded as a role model. He wants to be further, too.
– I like it very much. Not everyone may have looked at me like that when I was on “Love Island”, but now I reach out to more people and can use my position better.
Andreas Wahl is not used to being lazy, something he has not done this autumn either. He has given his all in the dance competition, which has also been visible. He quickly got a favorite stamp, and thus made it all the way to the final with Mai Mentzoni – before he ran away with the victory!
Unlike Kahungu, he may not have had the rhythms inside naturally at the start. They have come now, and all the activity has contributed to him losing weight.
– I only have one pair of trousers that fits at the moment, so I think I have to sew in the others I have. I will probably have to bounce them up again soon, but right now it is necessary, he chuckles.
Now there will be other bowls, warns Wahl.
– Now I’m going home and be with the family – for a long time. Unfortunately, there has not been much time for them lately, and I look forward to just that, he says.
Professionally, he also has plenty to manage. He has worked with things and seaweed during the dance process, and, but now everything will be given normal focus again. However, it will not be without a short break first.
– I run a small company, a small nerd shop online, write a little and used to give lectures. I’m not that worried. Now I have worked much more than I should this autumn, so if it gets a little calm for a few weeks or months it goes just fine for me, he says.