News Seen in a wooded area, research continues to find...

Seen in a wooded area, research continues to find Martin Carpentier

-

The inanimate bodies of the two 6 and 11 year old girls, missing since Thursday, were found in a woodland in Saint-Apollinaire, on the South Shore of Quebec. With the Amber alert now lifted, the research turned into a manhunt to quickly find the father of the children, Martin Carpentier.

• Read also: Girls found dead: “It’s a national tragedy”

• Read also: Amber alert lifted: two young girls found dead

• Read also: Death of the Carpentier sisters: “This mother will be broken forever”

The Sûreté du Québec (SQ) has confirmed to continue its research to find it. He was also seen by the police earlier in the evening, but could not be intercepted.

“Even if the Amber alert is over, the police continue to work 24 hours a day for 3 days already,” said Sûreté du Québec spokesperson Ann Mathieu at the microphone of TVA Nouvelles.

“We are getting the message across: we are always there, we are always able to take all means to locate Mr. Carpentier,” says Ms. Mathieu.

Ann Mathieu also mentioned that it is important that citizens do not try to intercept Martin Carpentier themselves if they see it. To this end, the spokesperson reminds that it is necessary to dial 911 if people have information that would help locate the man.

The sordid discoveries were made around noon in the wake of searches to find the father of 44 and his daughters, Norah Carpentier, 11, and Romy Carpentier, 6.

“Currently, everything leads us to believe that these are the two young girls,” announced Sergeant Ann Mathieu, spokesperson for the SQ, around 12:30 p.m.

It is not yet known, however, whether the girls bear signs of violence. After an assessment of their condition which lasted several hours, the deaths of the two girls were finally confirmed by the authorities around 5 p.m. on Saturday.

The Amber alert was officially lifted with the discovery of the second body, shortly after noon. The Sûreté du Québec however asks volunteers and citizens to remain vigilant.

“The priority now is to locate Martin Carpentier, whom we are actively looking for. Anyone who has seen the individual is asked to call 911 immediately, ”warned Ms. Mathieu.

Photo Agence QMI, Guy Martel

In all likelihood and in view of the information that the SQ has, Mr. Carpentier could very well still be in the Saint-Apollinaire or Saint-Agapit region. Whether the man in question is a danger to others, the authorities do not rule out any hypotheses.

In this sense, and to prevent the individual from getting out of hand, the police asked people living on the Route de l’Ormière to bar their doors.

Photo Agence QMI, Guy Martel

“In what state of mind is Mr. Carpentier? Impossible to be able to answer them with certainty. And we also want to prevent him from leaving with the car of a person who has

You didn’t leave your keys [à l’intérieur]”Explains the spokesperson of the SQ, which invites citizens to go to the organization’s website to remember the face of the suspect.

Photo Agence QMI, Guy Martel

An Amber alert was in effect since Thursday to find the father of 44, as well as Norah Carpentier, 11, and Romy Carpentier, 6. The three individuals have been missing since a mysterious accident on Highway 20, near Saint-Apollinaire, Wednesday evening.

The news of the discovery of the bodies had the effect of a bomb among the volunteers gathered near the municipal garage of Saint-Apollinaire. In the pouring rain, many broke down in tears. Sergeant Ann Mathieu also took the time to hug women who were particularly affected by the outcome of this story.

“I broke the rules of social distancing, but these people were very sad and I decided to comfort them. I decided to ignore it and offer a little humanity, ”she hinted.

For Marie Cauchon, search and rescue coordinator for the Quebec Association of Search and Rescue Volunteers (AQBRS), this is the most important Amber alert in which she has had to participate in 20 years of her career.

“It is still a good outcome, we managed to find two people, even if we are still waiting for the rest of things concerning their condition,” she said.

“Now we must devote all our efforts to find the father,” she added.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Latest news

Coronavirus in Córdoba: three deaths and 158 new cases

The Ministry of Health of Córdoba confirmed this Friday three deaths and 158 new cases of Covid-19 throughout the...

Libertadores: the news that keeps the Boca leaders attentive

Caracas FC, rival of Boca Juniors In the current edition of the Copa Libertadores, he had to suspend his...

Must read

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you