Dortmund is without Jadon Sancho in Saturday’s league match against Freiburg.
The German big club states that it is illness that keeps Sancho out, but not everyone buys that explanation.
Manchester United have been strongly linked with Jadon Sancho for several months. The absence of the wing in the last two matches before the transfer window closes on Monday night, has led to speculation having picked up speed again.
– It’s ridiculous. I look forward to Tuesday when the rumors from England stop, says Dortmund expert in the German major newspaper, Jörg Weiler, directly on V Sport in the channel’s Bundesliga broadcast.
Weiler believes there is no chance that Sancho will leave Dortmund before the transfer window closes.
Dortmund director Michael Zorc also made it clear at Friday’s press conference that Sancho will not change clubs now.
– We had an agreement that he could leave the club under certain conditions for a certain time, but then the door was closed, Zorc repeats to Picture journalist Christian Falk Saturday.
According to reports, the price tag on Sancho will be NOK 1.3 billion, and Dortmund set a deadline of 10 August to pay. It did not happen.
– When nothing happened no deadline, it was clear that he was going to stay, says Weiler, who believes Sancho will be ready to play for the national team next week.
– They laugh and joke about the rumors. It will be exciting to see what English newspapers write on Tuesday, Weiler says.
Manchester Evening News writes on Saturday that it will in any case be irrelevant for Manchester United to pay 1.3 billion kroner for Sancho, who allegedly wants a transfer to Old Trafford.
– For Jadon, it is horrible to read about himself in the newspapers. It’s hard to read every day that you’re leaving clubs. I know Jadon very well and he’s a nice guy. He knows he has to stay in Dortmund. It is going well for him, says Dortmund journalist Jörg Weiler in Bild.
According to BBC Barcelona player Ousmane Dembélé can be an alternative for Ole Gunnar Solskjær. Sevilla’s Lucas Ocampos has also been mentioned, but the British state channel claims it has no roots in reality.
Erling Braut Haaland started at the top for Dortmund against Freiburg.
As in Munich, Jadon Sancho and Roman Bürki are still sidelined with respiratory infections 📝
– Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) October 3, 2020